Russian Memorial Church Consecrated !!

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

I think Vladika Tikhon's words will clarify my point:

They have become the chief outlet for the documents of the KGB. They have become the sole supports of the KGB in its mission to destroy the Church. They are involved in a desperate and sclerotic struggle to keep their world from changing, to be "irreconcilable" (but now with freedom).

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Isn't it slightly worse form to call the hierarhy of the Moscow Patriarchate KGB agents?

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Peter J. Hatala wrote:

Isn't it slightly worse form to call the hierarhy of the Moscow Patriarchate KGB agents?

Not when it is a proven fact that Alexy II, along with other heirarchs of the MP were KGB agents.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Ya see, I don't know that a "Godless Communist" would raise churches to the Royal Martyrs or call on the nation to repent of the murder of the last Russian Tsar or say things like:

With augmented prayer and great pain in our hearts we commemorate this sad Anniversary… The sin of regicide, which took place amid the indifference of the citizens of Russia, has not been repented of by our people. Being a transgression of both the law of God and civil law, this sin weighs extremely heavily upon the souls of our people, upon its moral conscience. And today, on behalf of the whole Church, on behalf of her children, both reposed and living, we proclaim repentance before God and the people for this sin. Forgive us, O Lord! We call to repentance all of our people, all of our children, regardless of their political views and opinions about history, regardless of their attitude toward the idea of Monarchy and the personality of the last Russian Tsar. Repentance of the sin committed by our forefathers should become for us a banner of unity. May today’s sad date unite us in prayer with the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad, with whom we so sincerely desire restoration of spiritual unity in faithfulness to the Spirit of Christ... .»

That doesn't sound in the least bit "Godless" to me. And even though my intellect is not the sharpest around, I'm not detecting any subtle plots in these obvious statements of repentence(the repentece required by ROCOR for years) that would work (as the KGB would work) to undermine the Church.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Regicide=Bad. Sergianism & Ecumenism=Heresy.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I do not claim to know the MP's thoughts or reasons for doing what he does or saying what he says. I am simply stating the facts.

When did Alexy II say this again? I find it great that he is apologizing for regicide, but I wish he would admit that they were guilty of Sergianism and Ecumenism and apologize for those heresies too.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Peter J. Hatala wrote:

Tikhon's words will clarify my point

Tikhon of OCA?

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Yes, Bishop Tikhon of the OCA. Patriarch Alexei II said this in 1993 on the 75th anniversary of the royal family's martrydom.