Concerning Pokrov.org

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Protopriest Dionysi
Jr Member

Post by Protopriest Dionysi »

Br. Nicholas wrote:

OK, I've finally got a handle on who and what Fr. Dionysi is. I am so slow on the uptake sometimes. I seem to recall meeting him when he was attending church at All Sainst of NA in Middlebrook, VA. He was then, if memory serves fresh out of the LDS, though I might possibly be confusing him with someone else in that regard. Shortly after our meeting I left to go in puruit of my monastic vocation. It seems that he also left after that. Anyway, I don't see any need for me to swing by his place - thanks for the invite though.

I do not remember meeting you, and was not convert from the LDS (At that time), but the Uniates. I was Melkite who converted. However, I was born in Utah, and did convert from the LDS (Mormon) church. Where might this monastery in the Valley be?

Brother Nicholas

Post by Brother Nicholas »

Hi! First off, the monastery I went to is not in the Valley but in North Georgia. After all these years in front of a computer I still keep having to remember to make things clear when I write. Sorry for the confusion.

Second, I'm not surprised if I don't click for you right away. I was at All Saints in Middlebeook for only about three months or so before I left. Perhaps a description might help. I was very heavy set, with a beard a somewhat longish hair, and walked with a cane. We used to sit in Fr. John's living room occassionally, you and I, during the trapeza and talk before having to vacate for the catachumen classes. As I recall, you were blessed with a rather large family.

BTW - a monastery in the Valley does sound good doesn't it? Perfect area for it. I'd love it if one got off the ground there. I'm a big supporter of monasticism and believe that it is crucial to the survival and growth of Orthodoxy in America - especially in America.

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

Well you've known one another? that's a good reason in itself!

Br. Nicholas wrote:

I was at All Saints in Middlebeook for only about three months or so before I left.

Why'd you move right before entering the monastery Br. Nicholas?

Brother Nicholas

Julianna wrote:

Why'd you move right before entering the monastery Br. Nicholas?

I'm not certain I understand your question. I was, at the time, in Virginia. The monastery was in North Georgia. How could I go there without moving? Or, am I, yet again, not making myself clear somehow? (The likely scenario)

Julianna

It's all my fault I'm sure.

Post by Julianna »

You'd said you're in that Virginia church for 3 months before you'd left to become a monk. Why'd you move to Virginia for 3 months if you're going to move to become a monk anyways?

Brother Nicholas

I didn't move to Virginia. I was already living there. I had only attended that particular church for three months before leaving for the monastery. Circumstances brought me to the Shenandoah Valley where I was amazed to find a ROCOR mission church eventually and thus attended there before leaving for GA.