Coptic Orthodox

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

It would be sinful for me to continue to discuss this matter. I do not believe in the branch theory as Juliana alleges. I mentioned that I believe it is possible to accept the Non-Chalcedonians as Orthodox without believing the branch theory. I was preparing a reasoned response for posting here as one member of the forum private messaged me twice showing interest in my theory. However I am sick of this constant need to be on the defensive. I also believe that further participation in this forum will endanger my salvation, and so I will not be posting again, at least not any time soon. I will however provide the individual who requested it my essay when I finish it.

Juliana, "Metropolitan" Valentine was defrocked by ROCOR and entered into communion with two heretical and deposed Greek Old Calendarist bishops so as far as I am concerned you are just getting bread and wine on Sunday, and I could care less what you think of my sacramental participation.

OOD, I have developed a cordial relationship with you. I would be honored to continue it via email. You have my address or Nicholas can give it to you if you lost it.

May Christ God be with you and with us all.

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

I feel that I need to add my two cents to this arguemnt.... While I believe that you should fight for your faith, I also believe that you need to understand the where and the when. However, when you cause injury to another's soul there is a greater harm being done. I think you guys all need to apologize to Anastasios ---rather profusely as a matter of fact.

His is a road to be traveled just as yours are.... None of us have the right for any reason to make a person feel as if their soul is in jeapardy. Who can say where your friendships would have gone? You don't know what God would have provided.

You all have taken on a righteous attitude and that is NOT orthodoxy and certainly not Christian!!!

To Anastasios I you say that I am sorry that you have been hurt...I enjoy reading your posts (as well as you others). Please don't leave us!

Last edited by Liudmilla on Sat 19 July 2003 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Jakub wrote:

Julianna & Peter,

I find your personal attack on Anastasios unwarranted and unChristian.

I will not be a member of a forum who condones this behavior.

James

James,
What did I say to Anastasios that was out of line or rude? I commended him for waiting to convert because it might hurt his marriage.

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

I think you're confusing ROAC with HOCNA Anastasios. ROAC united many of the Catacomb Churches and was even in communion with ROCOR for a while! It's almost funny how you've rushed to embrace the "mysteries" of the papists and the monophysites as grace filled, but deny that of Orthodox Christians. Such ecumenism's sad. I'm sorry but I can't apologize for saying that heretics's mysteries're without grace that's the teaching of Orthodox Christianity.

Julianna

those who knowingly have communion with these aforementioned

Post by Julianna »

"Those who attack the Church of Christ by teaching that Christ's Church is divided into so-called "branches" which differ in doctrine and way of life, or that the Church does not exist visibly, but will be formed in the future when all "branches" or sects or denominations, and even religions will be united into one body; and who do not distinguish the priesthood and mysteries of the Church from those of the heretics, but say that the baptism and eucharist of heretics is effectual for salvation; therefore, to those who knowingly have communion with these aforementioned heretics or who advocate, disseminate, or defend their new heresy of Ecumenism under the pretext of brotherly love or the supposed unification of separated Christians, Anathema!"

The Russian Church Abroad's Anathema on Ecumenism.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

LIUDMILLA is correct...

I apologize Anastatios, I certainly had a part to play in this whole thread going downhill. Please pray for me and my wife as I pray for you.

Natasha
Sr Member

About apologies

Post by Natasha »

I wanted to add that this thread just looks like a fierce debate to me, and I don't really understand why people are calling for apologies.
I am sure that Anastasios is a big boy & he did not get his feelings hurt. To be perfectly honest, I think that Anastasios likes these kind of debates, considering his posting history :) .

Last edited by Natasha on Sat 19 July 2003 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.