Iconophili's Great Big Thread of Conspiracies!

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
ICONOPHILI

Official 9/11 Story Not True!!

Post by ICONOPHILI »

CGW

Post by CGW »

Take these evil lies elsewhere.

Kollyvas
Protoposter

Finally Agreement!

Post by Kollyvas »

Yeah, leftist conspiracy theories are rather political and part of 2006 campaign, but this isn't a political site...Nor does this material impact Orthodox Christians. Big LIe dem disinformation does no one any good.
R

CorpusChristi

Post by CorpusChristi »

There are many stories out there floating around, But The Protestants have a different story, one that says this was a prophecy that was revealed....here it is..you have to open up your word document and follow a couple directions and it takes 1 - 2 minutes at most, it is creepy because from windows 95 this was already set ...

Okay, I don't know about Step #6 but it is pretty creepy.

1. Open up a blank Word document on your screen.

2. Type in Q33 NY in capitals. (Q33 is the flight number of the crashed plane.

3. Highlight the Q33 NY

4. Change the font size to 48.

5. Change the font to wingdings (1).

6. Scream and cry in shock at the picture you see.

Ebor

Post by Ebor »

CorpusChristi wrote:

There are many stories out there floating around, But The Protestants have a different story, one that says this was a prophecy that was revealed....here it is..you have to open up your word document and follow a couple directions and it takes 1 - 2 minutes at most, it is creepy because from windows 95 this was already set ...

Okay, I don't know about Step #6 but it is pretty creepy.

1. Open up a blank Word document on your screen.

2. Type in Q33 NY in capitals. (Q33 is the flight number of the crashed plane.

3. Highlight the Q33 NY

4. Change the font size to 48.

5. Change the font to wingdings (1).

6. Scream and cry in shock at the picture you see.

Well, the last line line has changed (it said "What do you think now?!!" ), but other then that this is the last part from a compilation email that was going around last month. It was full of how the number 11 is significant. It also cites a "passage" from the Koran that is not true either. see www.snopes.com
Here is the specific page:
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/coincidence.asp

It is a varient on one that was going around in 2001(and that can be traced to 1992) that was worded differently and was about an "anti-semetic' message in the wing-dings
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/wingdings.asp

To make things clear the number of the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania was:
United Airlines Flight 93

The ones that hit the World Trade Center towers were:
American Airlines Flight 11 and
United Airlines Flight 175

And the one that hit the Pentagon was
American Airlines Flight 77

There is no "Q33" so line 2 is just wrong. With that being the case the "logic" and "reasoning" of this nonsensical Urban Legend has no basis in fact.

A simple check that took mere moments verified that there was no "Q33" involved in the planes an that dreadful day. A brother-in-law of mine escaped from the Pentagon, so the events touched closely to my family and the number sounded wrong.

When hearing fantastic tales, it is useful to check for oneself.

Ebor

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Did anybody notice that the old calendar date of 9/11(Aug. 29) is the Beheading of St. John the Baptist? Some people say it's a warning from God. And since it is based on the Orthodox calendar(o.s.) as opposed to the civil calendar which is used in the new calendar churches, there can be some significance for the Orthodox since we are in the True Church of Christ.

Besides the fact that the event, in itself, is horrible...I think there can be a spiritual meaning behind that date.

Hope I haven't offended anybody. It was just a thought I had.

In Christ,

Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Joanna...

Yes I have often thought of that too. In the Serbian Tradition at least the Beheading of John the Baptist (Осјековање) is regarded as the most somber Holy Day after Great Friday (Велики Петак). So somber in fact, nothing is started on that day for the whole year until the Feast Day next Year. (For instance if the Beheading falls on a Saturday in 2005, nothing will be undertaken on a Saturday until the Feast takes place on a different day in 2006 next year. This includes the planting of crops, building of buildings, weddings, baptisms, etc.) It's not law but a strict Tradition.

Also another thing that has come to mind is the Tower of Babel in the Old Testament. It's kind of creepy how the buildings themselves have almost underwent some sort of Deification, their images are everywhere-from tattoos to t-shirts, gold pendants to adhesive cutouts you can paste on your windshield. People are worshiping the "tower(s)"

Freaky.

In Christ
Tessa

Господе Исусе Христа, Синe Божји, Помилуј ме грешну!