World Orthodox Ecumenism article in French

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

World Orthodox Ecumenism article in French

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Can anyone translate this please? My French is not good enough to translate properly.

http://www.aartsbisdom.be/Z-Nouvelles/V ... nique.html

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Translation

Post by Jean-Serge »

This is a quick translation... I emphazised the best passages...

BRUSSELS - PARTICIPATION TO THE ECUMENICAL EVENING FOR THE WEEK OF PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY

This year, the ecumenical gathering in relation with theWeek of prayer for Christian Unity took place on Thursday 19th at 8 p.m in Brussels in the Cathedral Saint Michael and Saint Gudule. The meeting was prepared by the inter-church committee of Brussels; this year the Catholic church hosted the gathering. Presided by Cardinal Godfried DANNEELS, Archbishop of Brussels-Malines, the evening had the following topic : « Where two people are in my name, I am with them » Matthew 18 :20

Cardinal DANNEELS said in his homely : « Theological ecumenism made outstanding progress these last years ; practical collaboration in diakonia too, but ecumenism in joint prayer can go much further. These evening is an icon of what we have to do much more that what we are currently doing. Praying together is the heart of unity and the best way towards unity…

Vladika Simon, Vladika Panteleimon, Cardinal Danneels and the Reverend Guy Liagre (on the photo)

Vladika PANTELEIMON, Metropolitan of Belgium and Exarch of the Ecumenical Patriarchate was there, representing the whole Orthodox church in Belgium, sitting at the right of Cardinal Godfried DANNEELS. Archbishop Simon (Moscaow Patriarchate), Reverend Guy Liagre (President of the Protestant Synod) and Reverend Robert Innes (Rector of the Anglican parish of Holy Trinity in Brussels) could be seen.

The text continues with a list of other participants I did not translate

I would like to comment that the homely clearly advocated for joint prayers with different christian denominations, which was made in this evening. It ilustrates MP double language : on one hand they say they are traditionnalists but on the other they pray with heretics...

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Kollyvas
Protoposter

The Faithful In The MP & ep Should Be Aware

Post by Kollyvas »

The faithful should be made aware and this type of renegade activity brought to condemnation...even deposition!
R

Daniel

Re: The Faithful In The MP & ep Should Be Aware

Post by Daniel »

Kollyvas wrote:

The faithful should be made aware and this type of renegade activity brought to condemnation...even deposition!
R

This can hardly be consicered 'renegade' given Moscow's current memebership in the WCC, and Alexi's stated commitment to said organization. He [Alexi] can't let his Russian clergy act so openly, that would just scare off ROCOR. But no one looks to Western Europe where, appearently, they can act quite freely.

Welcome to the Religion of the Future, I suppose!

Kollyvas
Protoposter

MP AD 2000 Statement On ecumenism...

Post by Kollyvas »

In the MP's 2000 statement on ecumenism it was pointed out that membership in the wcc and other organizations was to be used as an opportunity for ORTHODOX WITNESS WITHOUT COMPROMISE OF THE ORTHODOX FAITH IN ANY WAY. Clarification has come out recently where the MP has outlined cooperating ecumenically to address society's social ills on a local and global level. Hence, ACCORDING TO FACTS, this cleric is a renegade. But let's say for a moment that the contention that the MP is recalcitrantly ecumenist is correct, the point of the criticism would be to...promote MP cessation of ecumenism? No. Share a disinterested fact? No. Then what? Promote rebellion (which is punishable by the Canons with excommunication) and assert a political agenda while fracturing the Orthodox Church (ie promote schism). It's clear that NOT EVERYONE (as a matter of fact the majority DOES NOT) in the MP supports ecumenism, by the FACT that a member of the MP, myself AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONS INDICATED IN SEPARATE THREADS, has condemned it continually AS HERESY and pointed it out continually without apology CALLING FOR AN END TO THIS sacriledge...But let's not let facts get in the way.
Orthodoxia I Thanatos!
Rostislav Mikhailovich Malleev-Pokrovsky

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Daniel wrote:
Kollyvas wrote:

R

This can hardly be consicered 'renegade' given Moscow's current memebership in the WCC, and Alexi's stated commitment to said organization. He [Alexi] can't let his Russian clergy act so openly, that would just scare off ROCOR. But no one looks to Western Europe where, appearently, they can act quite freely.

Welcome to the Religion of the Future, I suppose!

It is strange because there is a Western Europe diocese for ROCOR-L heade by Bishop Ambrose of Vevey. Moreover, there is a ROCOR parish in Brussels... I think people act as if they did not want to see anything :

1° the "faithful sons of the MP" who are against ecumenism dare not to ask the deposition of the culprit bishops... because they know they have to opportunity to obtain it... But strangely, they do not reach the logical conclusion which would be leaving the jurisdiction because :

Apocalypse 18 : 4- 5

1. And I heard another voice out of the heaven saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye have not fellowship in her sins, and that ye do not receive of her plagues: 5. for her sins have been heaped on one another up to the heaven, and God has remembered her unrighteousnesses.

2° Meanwhile, the ROCOR-L declares the MP is no longer ecumenist whereas many signs testify the opposite...

Human considerations, the quest for human glory and acknowledgement are clearly above the true confession of faith.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: MP AD 2000 Statement On ecumenism...

Post by Jean-Serge »

Kollyvas wrote:

Then what? Promote rebellion (which is punishable by the Canons with excommunication) and assert a political agenda while fracturing the Orthodox Church (ie promote schism).
Orthodoxia I Thanatos!
Rostislav Mikhailovich Malleev-Pokrovsky

No rebellion is allowed by the canons to defend the faith... If we follow your logic after the Ferrare Council, the orthodx people should have assent since rebellion is prohibited by the canons...

If a bishop is a renegade, he should be denouced to the synod. If the synofd refuses to investigate the case, I see to reason to stay in such Babylonic church...

The following canon is clear; the schism is necessary and blessed by God when the faith is threatened

From Canon 15 of the First-Second Council of Constantinople:

«...But as for those who ... sever themselves from communion with their president, that is, because he publicly preaches heresy and with bared head teaches it in the Church, such persons are not only not subject to canonical penalty..., but are worthy of due honor among the Orthodox. For not bishops, but false bishops and false teachers have they condemned, and they have not fragmented the Church's unity with schism, but from schisms and divisions have they earnestly sought to deliver the Church».