Monk Matthew of North Dakota.

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Also the Donate button on the front page donates to me@mybiz.com instead of the monks!

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

yes that has been changed as well and i am waiting for the system to accept the changes.

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

More updates!

Today, my first day off of work was spent in the serviceof the online store. Some minor edits were made to the usebility of the store as well as more items added to the store, a continuing process.

The big news is that a DONATIONS link has been established on the frontpage via Paypal, and for those not having (or wanting LOL) a PayPal account we have added a link to donations from within the store. Inside as well as outside the store you have the ability ot donate as much as you want or can to help the monks in ND. In the event that monatery donations are not possible you can email either myself lor the monks directly and offer any services you can. I can be reached at my email, J.Martinka@gmail.com and the monks at theirs, OldBelieverSkete@yahoo.com.

More updates to come.

Subdeacon Joseph

Post by Subdeacon Joseph »

Juvenaly,

This is GREAT News!!!! I went to the site and ordered some things, and it was VERY easy to navigate. Great Job!! If everyone on this site was to buy something, or donate just $5.00, It would help Frs Matthew and John so much. All, Please consider helping the Monks of North Dakota.

hunbly
sdc joseph

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

AN UPDATE FROM THE SKETE IN ND

Dear in Christ,

We are a small monastery in North Dakota that needs your help. The Holy Nativity of the Mother of God Skete in North Dakota is struggling to stay afloat.

Because of this, we have set up an online store to try and use this as a way to make some money to help out monastery. The store we have set up sells many different types of products, some that are seen on other stores online as well as some products unique to ourselves. Most recently we have added a CD sampler of chants from the Valaam Monastery which can only be found on our store and is selling fast.

As an Old Believer Monastery we also offer many Old Believer products, such as Lestovki, books and pamphlets with information about the Old Rite of the Russian Church. We try to make our prices very competitive with other online stores.

In the event that you do not desire to purchase anything from our store, might we ask for a small donation, whatever you can donate would be wonderful. We would greatly appreciate your donation and you can send that to us through the internet via PayPal, our secure Credit Card transaction processor, or through postal mail as well at the following address.

Holy Nativity of the Mother of God Skete
Rural Route #1-Box 35A
Voltaire, ND 58792
USA

At the very least please spread the word about our website and our monastery to anyone looking for great Orthodox products and services online.

Know that we are praying for all of you and if you have any specific prayer requests you can write or email us at oldbelieverskete@yahoo.com.

With prayers and bows,

Monk John
Monk Matthew
and Brotherhood
http://www.oldbelieverskete.com

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

Post by JAMESthePERSIAN »

:bump:

All Saints of America Orthodox Mission, Located in Dequeen Arkansas. The Mission strives to provide a welcoming community, in a quiet country setting, where individual members can work out their salvation and serve as a witness to the Orthodox Faith.
http://www.allsaintsofamerica.com/