Concert of St. John the Baptist (DC) Choir

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

ania

Concert of St. John the Baptist (DC) Choir

Post by ania »

Hi Folks!
I would like to announce that the choir of St. John the Baptist Russian Orthodox Cathedral will be singing religious peices in a concert at Sts. Peter & Paul Antiochean Church in Patomac, MD, on July 27th, (this Friday). Here is a site where you can listen to our rehersal 2 Tuesdays ago. Admittedly there are quite a few rough spots, & there are places where you can hear the director yelling at us, but for those who are interested... http://w.ispol.com/choir/2003/JaredsRecord/
So if anyone's in the DC area this weekend, it's not the worst way to spend a Friday evenning. Let me know what you think. :-)
Ania

Methodius

Nice.

Post by Methodius »

Very nice! /\

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

BUT DOESN'T SINGING IN AN ANTIOCHIAN CHURCH VIOLATE THE ANATHEMA OF 1983!?!

:wink:

p.s.
wish i could go.

ania

Post by ania »

:lol: We're not serving with them, just using the church which is MUCH bigger than St. John's, and has pews.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Even if it's not in the form of outward prayer or concelebration, I'm sure at some point ROCOR and Antiochian members will have at the very least emotions that resemble prayer.
Is this the new path of ROCOR?

8)

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Just listened to the Cherubic Hymn... Sounds great!! Looking forward to hearing the rest when I have more time.