Show us your Church.

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Orthodox Emperor

Show us your Church.

Post by Orthodox Emperor »

Since we did the "Show us your picture!" post, i thought it would be nice to do a "Show us your Church" post also, as i'm fond of looking at the different churches and their architecture etc.

I don't have any real pictures of the Church i attend, but i do have a painting, so here's the Alexander Nevskij Church in Copenhagen, Denmark >>

http://www.rusmedia.dk/church/images/aquarell.jpg

Logos

Post by Logos »

Here is my church that I attend occasionally.

http://www.stmattheworthodox.org/

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I'm still not sure what Church my wife and I will "settle down in," but this is the one we're attending most of the time currently:

Outside of the Church
Inside of the Church

(I also put up two other pics of Churches that I have before called my "home parish").

Logos

Post by Logos »

Paradosis wrote:

I'm still not sure what Church my wife and I will "settle down in," but this is the one we're attending most of the time currently:

Outside of the Church
Inside of the Church

(I also put up two other pics of Churches that I have before called my "home parish").

Are those the Antiochian church or the ROCOR church? I am shocked that a traditionalist like you would be going to a church with pews.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

The church with pews is a ROCOR Church in McKeesport, PA. It use to be OCA (which is why there are pews, and a number of other things you rarely see in ROCOR churches/clergy). I don't like pews, but I'm not going to make a federal case out of them either. Now, if large numbers of ROCOR churches started getting them, then I might voice my view a bit more loudly, but as it is, I don't think pews (especially in a Church that recently "switched") are anything to make a fuss over. My wife and I are looking for a different Church to make our "home parish," but the issue of pews is really low on the list regarding why we are looking elsewhere (and the only reason pews are "on the list" is for our own practical/personal reasons... hard to do prostrations with pews and so forth; I accidentally kicked a lady already because we were all in the aisle and were too close :( ).

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Paradosis,
What's the story of this church coming to ROCOR? Was this a recent move?