ROCOR Site Rant

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

In a mission country the church should speak the language of the mission country I believe all ROAC churches IN AMERICA are mostly English language churches.

ania

Post by ania »

In Boston I find the 2 rocor parishes (St. Xenia's & Holy Epiphany) have a rather odd sort of harmony. It's almost as if their one parish, with the parishoners going from one to the other depending on what language they want to hear that particular weekend. Many times when I go visit Holy Epiphany, and ask after someone, the answer is, "oh their at St. Xenia's tonight, but should be here tomorrow." Many of the converts having been baptized at Holy Epiphany opt for St. Xenia's for the English services, while the Russian new imigrants stay at Holy Epiphany. However on big feasts, you see them all come together, (Example, parish anniverseries, parish feasts, etc). Unfortunately, in many cities there isn't enough $ to have 2 parishes, one for each language, so it creates tentions. Boston is lucky in that it has enough to do both, but I know in many places there is need for both, and it's not addressed. Here's to praying that some day it will be.