Jurisdictional disputes are not for the laity.

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Joseph

Jurisdictional disputes are not for the laity.

Post by Joseph »

Dear all:

While it must be said that many of us are converts, lead by a conscience habituated to a longing for the divine or, it may be truly said, by the Finger of God, to the True Faith. We must, each of us, decide within ourselves when our personal, individual quest for a church home is over. Our search for truth and salvation should not end in frequent jurisdictional or even canonical disputes. How many Bishops lay claim to the Orthodox flock in the state where YOU live?

In today's world, we are taught to constantly be on the lookout for the next big thing. This is called sensationalism and it may be harmful to us. Sensationalism and love of novelty leads us to desire and appreciate spledorous diversity, and this even more so when it leads to conflict. I am, myself, just beginning to learn that our Church needs us as much as we need Her.

Consider that jurisdictional disputes and differences, though such things may always exist in some form, should be worked out by our Bishops. The Church is not a democracy. Further, what sort of people might most gladly instigate jurisdictional strife? Communists, schismatics, and papists. Find a home parish and be happy with it. If you wish to engage in any church tourism or survey, discuss it with your priest and GET A BLESSING FIRST.

May God give us a Church without intestine conflict, and make the Eucharist our new and greatest quest.

In Christ:
Joseph the bumkin

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

The information about "jurisdictional politics" is so much more readily available to the laity these days due to the internet and other media. Since the internet made its way into people's homes, monasteries, etc. I think there's been a huge growth in jurisdiction jumping and the creation of "Really Really Truer Than You" Orthodox jurisdictions. Think about how little our exposure to church politics would be without the internet....

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Neither good nor evil, is the inanimate, soulless object.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Peter J. Hatala wrote:

Think about how little our exposure to church politics would be without the internet....

... and unfortunately for many, how little exposure to Orthodoxy they would have. With the Internet comes the good and the bad.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Very true...have to see the positive side too!

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Peter J. Hatala wrote:

I believe God is an optimist.

Julianna

REAL Positive

Post by Julianna »

Joseph wrote:
Peter J. Hatala wrote:

I believe God is an optimist.

I think he is a realist :mrgreen:

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

If one acknowledges that God is omnipotent....then He is neither a realist or an optimist...He simply is. All we can really say is that God is neither you or me.

However, if we take into account human nature....He would almost certainly have to be an optimist!! :D