Name Change!

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

If the name must change what should it be?

Poll ended at Thu 1 May 2003 5:54 pm

Orthodox Cafe

10%

Russian Orthodox Church Cafe

10%

Traditionalist Cafe

No votes

Tradition Cafe

No votes

iOrthodox.org

10%

YourOrthodox.com

10%

Theotokos Cafe

10%

Orthodoxy Cafe

No votes

True Orthodox Cafe

10%

Chrysostom Cafe

10%

Old Calendarist Cafe

10%

Euphrosynos Cafe

20%

Total votes: 10

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Name Change!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

My apologies. It seems our store has been shut down due to "copyright violations" in using the "Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia" name.

I have written Vladyka Gabriel and am hoping a name change is not required. In case it is, I wanted to put such a name change up to a vote. If you don't like any of the names, please suggest a new one.

Edit: Added Euphrosynos Cafe to list!

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Thu 1 May 2003 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

We aren't making this easy on you nik, are we? :mrgreen: :ohvey:

尼古拉前执事
Archon

LOL!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

LOL, no. 5 votes, each for a different name. Oh well its still early in the game other wil vote too...

...I hope! :D

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Uh-oh! :-(

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Umm, name change is going to have to happen it seems. A friend of mine, Reader Nicholas Trahan of Sarov Press & The Icon Corner suggested using the name of St. Euphrosynos the Cook since it would go with the Cafe theme.

Here are some concept banners. I was really liking the Theotokos Cafe idea until I saw how good the Euphrosynos icon looks in the banner and realized how fitting it would be for a Cafe.

Thoughts?

Anastasios
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Nik,

I wonder if they can really shut down your name. You should get a lawyer. Or wait for them to serve you papers and read the complaint. They can't just go around threatening you.

Is ROCOR really trademarked? You can't trademark certain things that are common, such as the word "Catholic" or "Orthodox" so I wonder if you can trademark the word ROCOR. Your forum is a place for discussion of ROCOR topics so I don't see how they can claim it is wrong for you to use ROCOR in your name.

anastasios

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

:( I'm very let down. I don't know what to say. Wait to see what the bishop says, I guess. Lord have mercy on us.

Logos

Post by Logos »

Nicholas, why is part of the banner white at the top. It makes it difficult to see. I hope that the name does not have change, I really like ROCOR cafe.