Teacher In Trouble For Ripping Bible

Reading from the Old Testament, Holy Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, our priests' and bishops' sermons, and commentary by the Church Fathers. All Forum Rules apply.
Liudmilla
Sr Member

Teacher In Trouble For Ripping Bible

Post by Liudmilla »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/educati ... etail.html

How sad.....the level we have stooped too.

Milla

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

My Protestant pastor once ripped pages out of the Bible in a service. He said something to the effect that we might as well do the same thing every time we sin. He was right.

gphadraig

Post by gphadraig »

Having read the article and officialdom's 'explanation' it occurs to me that in seeking to tackle the issue of censorship the teacher chose to demonstrate the point in a singularly unfortunate way. Too often today the strategy of 'shocking' us is used without regard for how that effect may be achieved. Truly today nothing is sacred. The Jesuit maxim, 'the end justifies the means' appears cover any offence or violation of that which is sacred..............

brendan

Post by brendan »

gphadraig wrote:

Having read the article and officialdom's 'explanation' it occurs to me that in seeking to tackle the issue of censorship the teacher chose to demonstrate the point in a singularly unfortunate way. Too often today the strategy of 'shocking' us is used without regard for how that effect may be achieved. Truly today nothing is sacred. The Jesuit maxim, 'the end justifies the means' appears cover any offence or violation of that which is sacred..............

I wonder if he would have torn pages from the Koran or Talmud?

I wouldn't ever intentionally damage a copy of the Scriptures even for a demonstration or to make a point. I would have been offended by such a demonstration.

gphadraig

Post by gphadraig »

I agree

brendan

Post by brendan »

gphadraig wrote:

I agree

I think if someone deliberately defaced the Scriptures in front of me, I might have to knock him out.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

That's interesting, in light of what the Protestant minister I mentioned said (and which I agree with)...