Protocols of the Elders of Zion

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
OrthodoxyOrDeath

Protocols of the Elders of Zion

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Fr. Dionysi mentioned in the other thread about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. I have never heard of them until someone at church made a copy of them and handed it to me last Sunday. I just started reading them last night because I said I would.

I am not one to buy into conspiracy theories, but knowing a few things about Jews and some of my own personal thoughts on the end days, it makes some sense.

Miriam

Post by Miriam »

There are many in the Orthodox community who subscribe to this piece of junk. But careful study (already done by others) shows that this "document" is nothing but fabrication on the part of the Tsarist secret police in the usual attempt to assign a scapegoat, for bureaucratic misdeeds. (And just to address the thought before it goes further....I am NOT saying that the tsar was invovled in anyway....I simply don't know, but feel that he was not.)

This was adrress by Viniamim in an earlier thread and was also covered by CGW... see here....

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 0&start=70

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... c&start=80

We orthodox seem to just love to spread misinformation and lies ... if we would just concentrate on living in Christ it would be more to our benefit than reading FICTION and accepting it as TRUTH. Frankly, there are better things to be reading than this piece of junk! And prophesies which are more beneficial to study. We are our own worst enemies!! Nobody is being served by this piece of junk except the evil in this world.

Miriam

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

The thought occured to me last night to see what I could find out about this on the internet; After reading a few sites that this may be a fabrication I scrapped it and returned to reading the January saints.

btw, Don't be so quick to judge. It is very out of character for the woman who gave this to me. She has read about and knows more about the saints than any person I have every met; and she is also very pious and confesses every week.

Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I confess to being a major critic of the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF), and the Zionist elders total disregard for the people of Palestine when setting up the state of Israel. My activities have included very recently correspondence on the firing on British parliamentarians by the IDF. This correspondence was three way between myself, Clare Short - former UK International Development Secretary, and Jack Straw, UK Foreign Secretary. Previous issues have raised over the treatment and collective punishment of the Palestinians as well questions as to how the Palestinian Authority security forces may act effectively against anyone if the IDF repeatedly attacks them and destroys their command and control structures, etc. To say nothing of undermining any resolve they might have to tackle the terrorists.

Having established my credentials as a stern and public critic of Israel, Zionism, and by implication the United States double standard regarding the Israeli/Palestine conflict, I would like to turn to the so-called 'Protocols of Zion'. This book has been repeatedly shown to be a mischevious work of fiction, to be polite. Yet it never quite goes away. It saddens me to see it raised on a Christian Orthodox website as something anyone might want to treat seriously.

The 20 century saw some terrible events, fanned by fiction of one sort or another. Stalin's killing of millions, the killing of Jews, gypsies, Serbs and others in numbers beyond reckoning by the Nazis and their allies, earlier in the century the genocide of the Armenians, Pol Pot and the killing fields of Cambodia, Mao Tse Tung and his cultural revolution, Tibet and the list goes on.

The Protocols of Zion belong in one place, may I suggest, the bin! If there is injustice by any group then name it and shame it, but this book I suspect will only feeds hate, suspicion and worse..........

/\RT3|\/|0|\|

Post by /\RT3|\/|0|\| »

aaaa

/\RT3|\/|0|\|

Post by /\RT3|\/|0|\| »

I Don't know if the protocals are true or not but, give me some time to find my book and I put on this site St.John Damascus's prophecies that inthe future "The Jews will control the world and PUT the Antichrist IN power!!!! :shock:

Miriam

Post by Miriam »

Part of the problem of using the term "Jew" is that it is too general, just as Muslim, Orthodox, catholic, protestant, southerner, and Yankee can be too general. I confess I too have in the past lump all into one kettle, only to learn that all is not as it seems.

The are certainly Jews who tirelessly work to bring about the end of the world. They feel they can somehow force God's hand by creating all the so called necessary items from prophesy. Just as there are the Jews who feel that they have no business being in modern day Israel because God did not call thenm back.

Add to this mix the evangelicals with their own agenda, and you have a preverbial powder keg.

We Orthodox need to concentrate more on living Orthodox lives and less time on prepetualiting the agenda of evil...... hatred, discord, strife and all the other adjectives in the bible. We have failed in our task and we need to get back to working on that and the salvation ofour souls.

mira