MP, ROCOR, ROAC, ROCiE, HOCNA Unification

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

PFC Nektarios

MP, ROCOR, ROAC, ROCiE, HOCNA Unification

Post by PFC Nektarios »

What would it take to have the MP, ROCOR, ROAC, ROCiE, HOCNA all be reunited into one Russian Orthodox Church and one Russian Orthodox Patriarchate.

In Christ
Nektarios

Makis
Jr Member

Post by Makis »

I am tempted to say: nothing short of a miracle!

In Christ,

Makis

Mor Ephrem

Post by Mor Ephrem »

Apocalypse now?

PFC Nektarios

Post by PFC Nektarios »

How about some real disscussion rather then listing movie names, lol.

In Christ
Nektarios

Vicki
Jr Member

Post by Vicki »

:o WHAT a wild imagination! OK...indulging in that same imagination...I would think that as ROCOR is headed toward reunion now...no worries there. ROCiE, ROAC, and HOCNA would rather see hell freeze over before reunion with MP, though....so my bet is, EVERY single Bishop, Archbishop, etc. in all their Synods would have to die, leaving no one to ordain a new priest. They would THEN look to GOC, if GOC accepted them, well and good, all is happy, no problem, NO MP .

If GOC did NOT accept them, it MAY be possible (you'd have to consult canons, here, to do as (some group ?) did at one point...and elevate TWO bishops by Synod. They could then ordain others, but this is EXTRAORDINARY, and was looked on askance when it WAS once done. It has not been done since, as there was no need.

I do not believe there will EVER be an epidemic of Traditionalist-Hierarch-Microbacteriological-Death-Plague, so the situation is NOT likely to occur. :lol:

Vicki

PFC Nektarios

Post by PFC Nektarios »

What would the MP have to do to be reunited with ROCA, ROCiE, and HOCNA?

In Christ
Nektarios

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Breaking relations with World Orthodoxy would be a start. Oh, and if they stopped calling them schismatics and condemning them, that would help to! ;) From the other side, I'm sure that once real and lasting changes were made in the MP, that the ROAC, etc. would be very happy to hear the MP's repentance, forgive them, and let them return to the Church.