ROAC and HOCNA

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Joe Zollars

ROAC and HOCNA

Post by Joe Zollars »

I just came across this link, in which a prominant person in the ROAC in Russia is praising the HOCNA group out of Boston.

Joe Zollars

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

A prominent layperson!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Yes, Olga thinks most Old Calendar groups have grace including HOCNA, ROCiE, the Matthewites, the Lamians & the GOC of Chrysostom II. Those are her personal opinions as a laywoman.

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

Joe, can you describe the credentials that make a person "prominent" within a certain group or jurisdiction? I am interested as to how this person gained this title in your opinion. Thanks.

Juvenaly

(Edited 1 time for spelling)
:::Are we surprised, I cant even spell my name...?:::

Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

this was the unofficial homepage of the ROAC and for a considerable amount of time was the only page for the ROAC in Russia. Olga also seems to be "the voice" of ROAC on the net until the recent e-catechumen fiasco.

Joe Zollars

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Well, Olga is definitely vocal. But she is, in no uncertain terms, not an official spokesperson for ROAC.

E-catechumen fiasco? What was that? Your leaving?

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

But this woman is a lay woman? What does her word mean in light of that of a Priest, Bishop, or even a Metropolitan? She made a statement of a personal nature, this holds no water for anyone.

Her website from the get-go has said that it was un-official. It therefore has nor holds any authority. It is the personal site of a member of the ROAC.

This would be the same as me posting something on my website about how I could believe that Peter Pan is a saint in the Orthodox Church. It holds no official pronouncement. Therefore in an official capacity it should be taken as a layprson's opinion and no more.

I also do not understand what you mean by "e-Catechumen fiasco". Could you clarify this as well.

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

(Thoughts in process...)