Please Pray For My Wife Today...

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justin Kissel

Please Pray For My Wife Today...

Post by Justin Kissel »

My wife went in to the emergency room this morning at about 1am, after having just been there yesterday to get something corrected (I'm pretty sure they corrected the other thing and these are unrelated). By 5am they had said that all her tests so far had come back normal (though it was obvious to everyone that something is wrong). They are going to do an ultra-sound after 7am, when the ultra-sound people come in. The doctor seemed to think it might have something to do with her gall bladder (I thought ultra-sounds were just for babies? but what do I know). So, if you can spare a moment today, please say a prayer for her. A lot of "issues" we can deal with easily and just take them as they come... but her health is one issue that genuinely worries me.

May the Lord Bless you!

Justin

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

:-o

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Justin, I'm sorry to hear this.:( You have our prayers. Please keep us updated.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Thanks nicholas /\ (and the lurkers who have read)

They did the ultra-sound and said that she has some gall stones (gall bladder disease), and that they're going to call her today or tomorrow about treatment (so I'll make this short and get offline!)

Justin

Matushka Anna

In our prayers

Post by Matushka Anna »

Dear Justin,

Please let Mary Cecilia know she's in our prayers, and so are you. I "joke" that it's easier to be the patient than to be the person responsible for the patient, because the patient gets bed rest and drugs and you don't, but in all seriousness, it's important to be her advocate, even though it's a difficult job. Do you have a priest you can call to come pray at the hospital? Do you have oil with which to annoint her?

Hugs to you both!

In Christ,
Matushka Ann Lardas

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

We both thank you for your prayers. Mary was feeling ok tonight, though she was very tired and only stayed up a few hours. This couldn't have come at a worse time, considering that her Coumadin (it's a blood thinner) level, which she has to take because of her heart condition, was way out of whack, making even a bump or scratch potentionally life threatening. Thankfully she survived the problems last night, and she should be getting back to normal (as far as the coumadin) in a couple days.

I believe that Mary does have oil, though I'm not positive. I think that if we called Father John (Essa) he would come to the hospital, but I would feel very awkward about doing so. We haven't been attending his Church on Sundays for various reasons which really don't need to be gone into. The 2nd closest Priest who we'd ask to come (Fr. John Nosal) lives 3 hours away, so that's not a good option either.

Whatever happens, the Lord's will be done!

Justin

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

I can relate to your wife's experience, although I did not have her heart problem. I had a problem with mine a number of years ago. I ended up with emergency surrgery that took longer than normal. One of the things I found is that no one tells you what to do until they decide what treatment to undertake. I suspect that she will probably end up with surgery....usually a simple procedure although with her heart problem things may get a little more serious. Tell her to avoid anything with the least degree of fat in it. The fat aggravates the gal bladder. That means no milk, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs (cholestral)...remove chicken skin, cut any fat of meats, no butter ... eat as bland as you can get....I spent a week on oatmeal to get the gal bladder to calm down. Drink a lot but no cranberry juice..it may be good for bladder infections but it does make kidney stones and that's something she'll have to watch for from now on.

If you do end up with surgery, don't forget to call your priest and get him to bring her communion...I can't tell you how much that part helped me get through the scary thought of surgery.

Good Luck and God Bless

Denis

Post by Denis »

Just did this. All the best for a speady recovery.

Denis