Lord Have Mercy!

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
romiosini

Lord Have Mercy!

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy!

Last edited by romiosini on Sat 17 September 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

The Glorification of St. Philaret

There is more published (in english) on the website of Dormition Skete and on the ROAC America site, but both are down right now. Must be server trouble.

Vladyka has also written a very beutiful Icon of him that can be purchased through Dormition Skete Icons.

Nicholas Zollars

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Who, besides ROAC, has glorified Metropolitan Philaret? You'd think this action would be carried out by the synod he was a part of. (I also wonder if Fr. Dionysi will ever answer my questions about his relics being in "captivity", or, for that matter, any of the other things I've asked.)

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy!

Last edited by romiosini on Sat 17 September 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

ok, I looked over at the thread in the Traditionalist Orthodox Church section and can't find the greek group you mention. Who are they? I ask because I have not heard of any group of greeks formally glorifieng St. Philaret (although many do unofficially consider him a Saint).

Nicholas Zollars

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Interesting how almost all those who actually knew Metropolitan Philaret are still with ROCOR. Interesting also the stories one can hear from those who knew him, which point to another side of him that might be hard to catch in his writings.