Prophecy of Eldress Agatha of Belo-Russia.

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

I was recently reading issue number 87 of "The Orthodox Word", printed in July-August, 1979 and came across an interesting prophecy. After the declaration of Metropolitan Sergius, Eldress Agatha of Belo-Russia became one of many who fled to the Catacomb Church. According to the Orthodox Word's article, she became fairly well known in certain cirlces of the Catacomb Church for her piety and gift of prophecy. Anyway, I found this section of the article interesting- about the Moscow Patriarchate she said:

"This is not a true church. It has signed a contract to serve antichrist. Do not go to it. Do not receive any Mysteries from its servants. Do not participate in prayer with them. There will come a time when churches will be opened in Russia, and the true Orthodox faith will triumph. Then people will become baptized, as at one time they were baptized under St. Vladimir. When the churches are opened for the first time, do not go to them because these will not be true churches; but when they are opened the second time, then go - these will be the true churches."

In a footnote to this excerpt, the editors write:
"After almost all churches in Russia were closed in the late 1930's, the churches were 'opened for the first time' under Stalin (Churches of the Moscow Patriarchate); after many more closures since then, the churches have not yet been opened "the second time".

It seems as if since 1979, the Churches have indeed been opened for "the second time.
Just a thought.

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

It seems as if since 1979, the Churches have indeed been opened for "the second time. Just a thought.

Or perhaps not yet. Or perhaps by the ROAC. Just another thought.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I wonder how this prophecy fits into those that speak of the monarchy returning and the flowering of Orthodoxy surrounding it.

Joanna Higginbotham

Post by Joanna Higginbotham »

May I re-introduce this topic? How do we answer this that appears to validate the union hands down?

DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I just read a book this weekend called "Is the Grace of God Present in the Soviet Church," by Ivan Andreyev.

He believed the answer was, no.

This is not discussed in his book, but one reason the MP is un-cannonical is because it violates canon 3 of the 7 Th ecumenical council which forbids the appointments of bishops by civil authorities. In this case, a Communist government.

The true Orthodox Church of Greece officially stated in 1950 that the New Calendar Church of Greece, was without grace because it violated canon 1 of Saint Basil (sanctioned by the ecumenical councils) that schismatics have lost the grace of the Holy Spirit. The calendar change was in direct violation to the ecumenical councils, and therefore new calendarists are schimsmatics.

The main driving force behind the calendar change was the Freemason, and un-canonically ordained, Patriarch Meletios Metaxakis. [see The Struggle Against Ecumenism].