Is there a Pet/Nick-Name for Anastasia/Anastasy?

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Daniel

Is there a Pet/Nick-Name for Anastasia/Anastasy?

Post by Daniel »

Does anyone know if there's a nickname for 'Anastasia/Anastasy', and if so what it/they might be? This is a front runner for our next child due around Pascha this year, so we're just curious.

inXC,
Daniel

Natasha
Sr Member

Post by Natasha »

NASTASIA, NASTYA, or STASYA

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Thanks Natasha! :)

George

Post by George »

Also an English nickname for Anastasia/Anastassy is Stacey.

Natasha
Sr Member

Post by Natasha »

I never knew that. Personally, I don't like americanizing names like that (well you are in NZ, so maybe we can call it "anglicanizing"?) When I was younger my mother went so far as to make sure no one called me Natalie!

George

Post by George »

I don't really like Anglicanising names either. The name is nice as it stands. I remember years ago when I was teaching in a high school, one of the girls in my form-class told me she didn't like her middle name. I asked her what it was, and she said 'Stacey', and so I told her it was short for Anastasia which means Resurrection and is a very beautiful name. I think I probably only confused her though!

Joe Zollars

hmm

Post by Joe Zollars »

a wonderful name Daniel! if I may ask which st. Anastasia will the child be named for?

Nicholas Zollars