How Many Here are Orthodox Christians?

The practice of living the life in Christ: fasting, vigil lamps, head-coverings, family life, icon corners, and other forms of Orthopraxy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

How Many Here are Orthodox?

Poll ended at Tue 25 November 2003 5:55 pm

Option One: Not yet Orthodox, just thinking about it.

4%

Option Two: Thinking about it and already trying to live an Orthodox life (keeping fasts, saying prayers, etc.)

11%

Option Three: Thinking about it and already a catechumen

11%

Option Four: Already been received, though not through baptism

14%

Option Five: Already baptized, been so for a year or less

7%

Option Six: Already baptized, been so for one to five years.

11%

Option Seven: Baptized for more than ten years, less than twenty

11%

Option Eight: Baptized, Orthodox for more than twenty years

32%

Total votes: 28

Moronikos

Don't know what to choose...

Post by Moronikos »

If Fr. Seraphim Rose could respond to your poll, he could probably only choose item 4 even though he was Orthodox for many years--although not baptized Orthodox.

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Not baptized Orthodox?? If by this you mean he was received by economia, then yes. But in no way was he Baptized by the Church while outside the Chruch.

rebecca

Post by rebecca »

Orthodox since birth, practicing for 7 1/2 years.

Seeker
Jr Member

Post by Seeker »

uniate here.

Moronikos

Post by Moronikos »

OrthodoxyOrDeath wrote:

Not baptized Orthodox?? If by this you mean he was received by economia, then yes. But in no way was he Baptized by the Church while outside the Chruch.

And like I wrote, he could only choose option 4, right? Options 5-8 have "baptized" as a stipulation, which in your judgement he was not. I guess you would say that Fr. Seraphim was not a baptized Christian?

Matushka Anna

Not a judgement, just a category

Post by Matushka Anna »

Dear.... can I call you something OTHER than Moronikos?

YOu wrote:

And like I wrote, he could only choose option 4, right? Options 5-8 have "baptized" as a stipulation, which in your judgement he was not.<

It's not a judgement; it's a category. Some people are scrupulous, and if I only said "Baptised Orthodox for X years," they wouldn't have a place to vote. I could just have said "received." But it's also interesting to note how people came to Orthodoxy, or even if they've come yet or not.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Well the largest group has been Orthodox for more than 20 years and a full 87% are Orthodox or Catechumens. That is interesting. This forum has always been known for attracting more women and cradle posters by percentage than most online forums. Now if we only knew why.