Fatima goes Satanic...

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Fatima goes Satanic...

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

I swiped this from another board...disturbing but not unexpected.

The Portuguese News ^ | 11/01/03

http://the-news.net/cgi/story.pl?title= ... terfaith%2
0shrine&edition=727

Delegates attending the Vatican and United Nations (UN) inspired annual
interfaith congress "The Future of God", held during October in Fatima,
heard how the Shrine is to be developed into a centre where all the
religions of the world will gather to pay homage to their various gods. The
Congress was held in the Paul VI Pastoral Centre and presided over by the
Cardinal Patriarch of Lisbon Jose de Cruz Policarpo.

The Shrine's rector, Monsignor Luciano Guerra, told the Congress that Fatima "will change for the better." Addressing Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Orthodox, Buddhist and African Pagan representatives he stated: "The future of Fatima, or the adoration of God and His mother at this holy Shrine, must pass through the creation of a shrine where different religions can mingle. The inter-religious dialogue in Portugal, and in the Catholic Church, is still in an embryonic phase, but the Shrine of Fatima is not indifferent to this fact and is already open to being a universalistic place of vocation."

The Hindu representative Ansshok Ansraj, described how already in the Far East millions of Hindus are getting "positive vibrations" from visiting
Marian shrines without endangering their faith.

Monsignor Guerra pointed out that the very fact that Fatima is the name of a Muslim and Mohammed's daughter, is indicative that the Shrine must be open to the co-existence of various faiths and beliefs. According to the
Monsignor: "Therefore we must assume that it was the will of the Blessed
Virgin Mary that this comes about this way." Traditional Catholics opposed
to the Congress were described by the Monsignor as "old fashioned, narrow minded, fanatic extremists and provocateurs."

For the first time in the 86-year history of Fatima all of the Pagan and
Christian delegates were invited to participate in the Ecumenical
celebrations. One of the principle speakers, the Jesuit theologian Father
Jacques Dupuis, was insistent that the religions of the world must unite.
"The religion of the future will be a general converging of religions in a
universal Christ that will satisfy all", he said.

The Belgium born theologian argued: "The other religious traditions in the
world are part of God's plan for humanity and the Holy Spirit is operating
and present in Buddhist, Hindu and other sacred writings of Christian and
non-Christian faiths as well." In an impassioned plea he said: "The
universality of God's kingdom permits this, and this is nothing more than a
diversified form of sharing in the same mystery of salvation. In the end it
is hoped that the Christian will become a better Christian and each Hindu a
better Hindu."

An official statement put out by the Congress called for a non-proselytising
approach by all religions. "No one religion can irradiate another", it said
"or strengthen itself by downplaying others and an open dialogue is the way to building bridges and tearing down walls of centuries of hate. What is needed is that each religion be true to its faith integrally and treat each
religion on the same footing of equality with no inferior or superiority
complexes." It emphasised that the secret to peace amongst all religions is
admitting that contradictions exist between creeds but to concentrate on
what unites them as opposed to what separates them.

Delegates agreed that religious shrines, including Fatima, should be
revamped every 25 years to reflect modern day trends and beliefs. The Shrine of Fatima is about to undergo a complete reconstruction with a new
stadium-like basilica being erected close by the existing one built in 1921.

Joe Zollars

OOD:

Post by Joe Zollars »

Goes Satanic? when wasn't it?

This is indeed not surprising. I've said it before, you take Novus Ordo (New Order) and throw in World "Orthodoxy" and you get New World Order religion.

Nicholas Zollars

Seraphim Reeves

The delusion at Fatima

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

It's very unfortunate that many RC's (particularly the more "traditional" kind) are very wrapped up in the whole Fatima cult.

Upon examing the details of the original apparitions, I have a hard time differentiating them between much of the UFO phenomenon. Another troubling traith of all of these "Marian apparitions", is their tendency to be received almost universally by children. While some may say this is a testimony of the "innocence and simplicity" of children, I think it has more to do with how easy it is for them to be taken advantage of, both by whatever is really behind these apparitions, and their religious handlers after the fact.

What follows is perhaps one of the best critiques I've ever read of this phenomenon...

http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/m ... itions.htm

Seraphim

rebecca

Post by rebecca »

Next step: Interfaith worship of the Antichrist! That's the only universal "christ" which will satisfy the proud arrogance of the world!

You have to wonder-do these people believe in God at all? Or is their "god" just an impersonal force of nature?

LatinTrad
Jr Member

Post by LatinTrad »

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!!

Pray for those modernists who blaspheme thee with indifferentism!!

Pray for those easterners who mock Thee!!

"In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph." -The Most-Holy Theotokos, at Fatima.

Joe Zollars

Latin Trad

Post by Joe Zollars »

Dear Latin Trad:

There are no people on the face of the earth who have more true Love and devotion for the Theotokos than the Orthodox. Look to our Temples, our Liturgies, and our Icon Corners just to give a few examples. No Orthodox home is complete without a frequently venerated Icon of hte Theotokos, nor is any Temple.

I did not mock Fatima, I have the utmost sympathy for the devotees of Fatima, Lourdes, Guadalupe etc. I once was in their camp. I once considered Fatima somewhere by trent in terms of the importance to the faith.

Who or what was appearing at fatima we will never know. I doupt very highly that it was just a figment of the imagination as put forth by many protestants and secular sceptics. Something was apearing there whether it was a demon in disquise or truly the Theotokos. I will say that if it was the Theotokos, and that is a big if, than it was the Theotokos telling the truth of the matter about the Church. I find it interesting to note that at the end of the last apariton "Our Lady" went east. Perhaps an invitation?

Nicholas Zollars

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

This does not surprise me at all. Some years ago I saw video foot age of a pan-relgious meeting in Rome (I beleive) which allowed pagan to going in to the chruches of the city remove the crosses, set their various idols and prey to their demonic 'gods'. You all will have to forgive me, I don't remember the name of the video. It was in greek and was from a seminar or some thing about the odvious evils of the WCC (if memory serves).