Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

Post by Suaidan »

Barbara wrote: Tue 16 April 2024 12:11 am

OK< thanks both of you !

By the way, who is this mysterious Fr Mikhail ? Mysterious to me, that is ...

Fr Mikhail Baleka's a YouTuber/Instagrammer of Russian descent, but a Protestant convert background. He was made a priest fairly quickly (like two years after his conversion IIRC).

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thank you ! I had no idea. I don't pay attention to any of these at all. But I feel it's important to be well-informed. Their names do flit across the screen sometimes.
In what jurisdiction is Fr Mikhail then.

And what about Fr Josiah Trenham ? What is the story with him - anybody wish to speak ?!

Rumpelstiltskin
Jurisdiction: NA

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Fr. Mikhail is ROCOR-MP. Fr. Josiah Trenham is in Antioch, he studied abroad in the UK a priest in California. That's all I know.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Your new avatar looks much better - is that St Rumpelstiltskin - ?
Which Saint is it ?
I meant about people's opinions or observations about this Fr Josiah, who is always at - I think, anyway - the same types of conferences. Is he part of Orthodox Ethos ? Or loosely affiliated with it ?

Rumpelstiltskin
Jurisdiction: NA

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Fr. Josiah is more affiliated with "Patristic Nectar" on YouTube and other platforms. Although he has done an interview with Fr. Peter so yeah, they must interact a lot. 

The icon is of Prophet Joel.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Rumpelstiltskin [may I call you Joel- it's easier to type !], could you please explain where Patristic Nectar fits into the general picture, like we've been discussing the various contemporary figures with an online following ?

This and the previous explanations would help not only me, but also anybody from World Orthodoxy who is curious enough to read this site to consider True Orthodoxy.
[That's why I think it's almost good that i am NOT up to date, since others who are not in the know can benefit, too, from the perspectives and advice of the experienced members of St Euphrosynos Cafe.]

eish
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Post by eish »

Here comes Metropolitan Neophytos with the prophecies already. By all means tell us that 20 years ago some elder prophesied something, but maybe warning us in advance would both prove its authenticity and allow us to prepare? Given that even someone like me can catch on after the second or third time it gets conveniently revealed after major events have happened, I am disappointed in Fr. Peter.

I haven't even watched it except to check for a date; entertain yourselves if you wish.

https://youtu.be/644tjm3LXWU