Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

Post by Barbara »

Shall we just start a thread on Orthodox Ethos ??

I was upset to find this pre-icon picture of the reposed Abp Dmitri of the OCA on a social media site of a fervent Orthodox Ethos member.

To me, there ARE no - and CAN BE no - Saints whatsoever in the OCA !!!

Anyone have any comments ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GKPppBCaQAAzUMU?format=jpg&name=small

RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Re: Orthodox Ethos-Fr Peter Heers

Post by RocaRemnant »

I’m 100% interested in contributing to this thread 

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Wonderful, Almond !!! Please post as much as you want. Everything will be educational for me. Eish has started to explain some points on that earlier World Orthodox thread also.
This is all great for me to finally get a picture from the right people of what's going on in these particular corners of the current Orthodox scene. [We can start a separate thread for Jay Dyer.]

SavaBeljovic
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by SavaBeljovic »

The OE and wider "online (world) Orthodoxy" circle love "recent Saints and Elders", including ones that are against their anti-ecumenist fighting within ecclesiology. Dmitri (Ryouster) is obviously not a Saint as he would openly commune Monophysites, was preaching Ecumenism, and even the US government suspected him of being a KGB informant -- to be fair however, mostly due to his relationship with Lee Harvey Oswald.

They love Fr. Daniel Syseov even though Fr. Daniel declared ROCOR to be in schism, they love Fr. Ephraim even though he said the same thing. Ironically these people and the Ecumenists both share their love in the same people, one for recency bias and confirmation, and the other so they can canonize Ecumenists and for "American convert" points.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Rumpelstiltskin
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: NA

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Well said Sava. The whole "Royal Path" that Orthodox Ethos promotes is another example. It teaches to remain in communion with heretics etc while claiming to be the teaching of the fathers, while at the same time ignoring the teaching of the fathers who say to flee from communion with heretics. 

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thank you both for your contributions ! Welcome to --- ha ha ! Rumpelstiltskin. [ Why did you pick that name ? ]

Can we hear more about abp dimitri's connection with such a notorious person ? And the FBI's resulting suspicions about the purported saint ? The plot thickens !

PS Sorry that my picture didn't actually show up here. I don't know why, I might try it again later, as it's appalling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I see that he was from 1954 to 1969 the priest at St Seraphim church in -- Dallas ! But how did he get involved in this political case ?