New synodal house for ROCOR-A

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Davyd97
Jurisdiction: GOC-K

New synodal house for ROCOR-A

Post by Davyd97 »

ROCOR-A has purchased a new synodal house, this time in San Diego. Hieromonk Pavel (Graule) will be living there.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 7155514395

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: New synodal house for ROCOR-A

Post by Barbara »

Here are more details :

"Procured a house for the Synod

Our Archbishop Synod registered in New York changed its address of residence.
Bought a house in California (USA) at: The Synod of ROCA, 1914 Hauberk Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, U.S.A.
Now this is the official address of our Synod.
Temporary address for correspondence: Address for all correspondence in CA: 6757 Friars Rd., Unit 28, San Diego, CA 92108-1113, Tel: +1 973 865 4707 (U.S.A.).
The house was purchased for $340,000, of which $140,000 came from the sale of the house in New York and $200,000 donated to our Church by good people. The house is completely bought out, without a loan, and is the property of the Archbishop's Synod of the ROCZ. All documents are completed.
The single story house with large hall, kitchen, has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, large lot and a large 2 car detached garage. Since the purchased property belongs to the Church, according to the state of California, there should be a temple here. The garage is supposed to be reconstructed under the Orthodox church.
Upon the issuance of a religious visa, the new Synodal Representative will be residing in the parish. Hieromonk Pavel (Graule) [will be] the manager of the house.

A new account of the Bishops Synod has been opened:
The Russian Orthodox Church Abroad Synod of Bishops
Bank: WELLS FARGO
Routing Number (RTN): 122000247
Account Number: 8554295637

Lots of work to do, property to purchase and church remodeling house paid, need to move existing property from NY to California, also monthly utilities.
Those who have the opportunity are requested to donate to the costs of refurbishment and maintenance of the Synodal House of the ROCZ to the account mentioned.

Without the help of our parishioners, we will not be able to maintain the house."

Source : https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=65E3DD10

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thank you, DavyD97, for I was just at that moment searching for this post. I couldn't see under which Forum it was - then I saw your "like". I am going to add more, too. Meanwhile, Borrego Springs, California happens to be where the "Light of Christ" monastery used to operate : the same people who run the "Monastery Icons" business. They long ago moved out of their property there.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Here is a pic of the building. The climate should be very nice there, especially compared with New York state, known for heaviest snowfalls -
I can see the fan for the airconditioning unit - they'll be using that.
Roof looks like it may need some work, though

Davyd97

Post by Davyd97 »

Barbara wrote: Fri 1 March 2024 11:22 pm

Thank you, DavyD97, for I was just at that moment searching for this post. I couldn't see under which Forum it was - then I saw your "like". I am going to add more, too. Meanwhile, Borrego Springs, California happens to be where the "Light of Christ" monastery used to operate : the same people who run the "Monastery Icons" business. They long ago moved out of their property there.

I was not aware that the same people who started monastery icons used to have a monastery in SD. I also don't know much about that group aside from the fact that the miaphysites pray with them. 

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh, you are familiar with the San Diego area ? How far away is Borrego Springs from San Diego ? For some reason I thought it way out by Palm Springs. It's a great area in general, climate-wise and with the palm trees.

Monastery Icons is the most Sphinx like organization ! There is an outer operation selling the icons painted by one Fr Simeon Davis. But behind that, and what they REALLY believe is very hard to discern. Certainly, they have been successful on the business side.

Someone should go research the bacground deeply and write a book on them ! No one has done that so far.

Davyd97

Post by Davyd97 »

Barbara wrote: Sun 3 March 2024 10:07 pm

Oh, you are familiar with the San Diego area ? How far away is Borrego Springs from San Diego ? For some reason I thought it way out by Palm Springs. It's a great area in general, climate-wise and with the palm trees.

Monastery Icons is the most Sphinx like organization ! There is an outer operation selling the icons painted by one Fr Simeon Davis. But behind that, and what they REALLY believe is very hard to discern. Certainly, they have been successful on the business side.

Someone should go research the bacground deeply and write a book on them ! No one has done that so far.

I didn't make my previous statement clear, this is on my end. I am not familiar with the SD area. 

I have heard of Monastery Icons, aside from their blatant syncretism, I don't know anything about them.