TOC Bp Gregory [Grabbe] memorialized by Rocor

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

TOC Bp Gregory [Grabbe] memorialized by Rocor

Post by Barbara »

A vivid painting of the famous figure Bishop Gregory [Grabbe] was unveiled last December to join pictures of the other Rocor hierarchs in the Synodal Headquarters in New York :

Artist Dimitry Schidlovsky stands by his well painted portrait of Bishop Gregory of Washington and Florida, the former Fr George Grabbe

I would like to see others of that series, such as Metropolitan Philaret and St John Maximovitch, among other Rocor luminaries. Too bad there isn't a pic of the entire hall available ! Come to think of it, I do recall an imposing portrait of Metropolitan Anthony [Khrapovitsky] on the wall.

I wonder whether this painter has done others of these portraits, or whether this is his premiere.