G.O.C any help appreciated

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

someguy
Jr Member

G.O.C any help appreciated

Post by someguy »

Hello,

I know that the main two G.O.C lines are the Florinite and the Mathewite from the early twentieth century split though in my experience they do not endorse each other at all and I heard that a Mathewite church in my state has schismed again on a trivial matter apparently...

Any light that can be shared on the below would be appreciated as the priest commemorates an Archbishop Micheal?
https://archdioceseofamerica.blogspot.com/

Thank you as always
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner...

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: G.O.C any help appreciated

Post by Maria »

Who are these people?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Maria wrote:

Who are these people?

Their apostolic line does not make any sense.

https://archdioceseofamerica.blogspot.c ... ocese.html

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Metropolitan Pangratios Vrionis ? Says he was ubder archbshiop michael in pokrov.org he was under the goa , i havent heard of this group i do not know much , but searching about this man he is to be avoided.

someguy
Jr Member

Post by someguy »

hmm I am not sure what to say as I do not know the hierarchs but the local parish monk priest only and other than the fact he commemorates an Archbishop Michael

are there any other resources that you know of to investigate or to reach out to?

this is heartbreaking as I've known this parish for sometime though the other options available in my state are a parish that I believe is a Mathewite line that I heard is going through a split? and another that I believe is a Florinite line though the bishop passed away years ago and the mother superior seems to be running the place with one monk priest now as the others left and the nuns.

can the more learned answer the below for me;

• does true orthodox generally endorse no communion unless re chrismation into "their" truth is done prior, in regards to an orthodox heretic?
  • does true orthodox generally say do not attend any other churches even mainstream orthodox and true orthodox parishes, if yes even for a funeral, death of family member?
  • does true orthodox generally allow heretics to witness mysteries, if no even for a baptism / wedding of a catechum's family?
  • does true orthodox generally forbid dancing / music, if yes even the traditional kind as in no sleazy modern types?

I understand the ecumenical canons and thus I am looking to gauge via my questions how strictly verbatim do the true orthodox parishes stick to the ancient canon law...

The main reason why I looked into the Apostolic line of this parish is that a friend of mine is considering baptism and I did not want advise incorrectly.

Lastly can anyone suggest any true orthodox churches in New South Wales, Australia, they DO NOT need to be GOC but any representation of Christ's ancient church?

Lord have mercy and thank you all!!!

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Orthodox in Michigan wrote:

Metropolitan Pangratios Vrionis ? Says he was ubder archbshiop michael in pokrov.org he was under the goa , i havent heard of this group i do not know much , but searching about this man he is to be avoided.

Stay far away from him and from anyone else whom he has consecrated.

Wasn't he with a True Orthodox group but then bolted and joined the EP who gave him refuge when the USA was trying to arrest him for immoral acts?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

someguy wrote:

hmm I am not sure what to say as I do not know the hierarchs but the local parish monk priest only and other than the fact he commemorates an Archbishop Michael

are there any other resources that you know of to investigate or to reach out to?

this is heartbreaking as I've known this parish for sometime though the other options available in my state are a parish that I believe is a Mathewite line that I heard is going through a split? and another that I believe is a Florinite line though the bishop passed away years ago and the mother superior seems to be running the place with one monk priest now as the others left and the nuns.

can the more learned answer the below for me;

• does true orthodox generally endorse no communion unless re chrismation into "their" truth is done prior, in regards to an orthodox heretic?
  • does true orthodox generally say do not attend any other churches even mainstream orthodox and true orthodox parishes, if yes even for a funeral, death of family member?
  • does true orthodox generally allow heretics to witness mysteries, if no even for a baptism / wedding of a catechum's family?
  • does true orthodox generally forbid dancing / music, if yes even the traditional kind as in no sleazy modern types?

I understand the ecumenical canons and thus I am looking to gauge via my questions how strictly verbatim do the true orthodox parishes stick to the ancient canon law...

The main reason why I looked into the Apostolic line of this parish is that a friend of mine is considering baptism and I did not want advise incorrectly.

Lastly can anyone suggest any true orthodox churches in New South Wales, Australia, they DO NOT need to be GOC but any representation of Christ's ancient church?

Lord have mercy and thank you all!!!

There are (or were) two parishes in Australia under Archbishop Stephanos of Athens. While one parish remains under Archbishop Stephanos, the elderly bishop who used to serve Australia as locum tenans was recently reprimanded. Where this bishop is, I do not know, but he was frequently seen with the schismatic Monk Kirykos before being reprimanded. We must pray for both of them.

The one parish in Australia under Monk Kyrikos operated by a Reader is not functioning very well.