UKRAINE AUTOCEPHALY; WORLD ORTHODOXY SCHISM?

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: UKRAINE AUTOCEPHALY; WORLD ORTHODOXY SCHISM?

Post by Barbara »

Sorry that I have missed this discussion all the recent days. I have to read through it carefully, but
please, neither of you leave the Forum ! Keep talking because we listeners can learn !

PS - d9popov, what WAS that oddly - titled article by former Met Jonah {Paffhausen} that was posted on the pravoslavie site ?
I didn't read it but wondered why he suddenly showed up like that and what viewpoint he was espousing [ clearly, the MP's, I realize now].
But what were his arguments ? Did he add anything to the discussion ? Or he only used those anti-Ukrainian epithets and threw words around to impress the MP hierarchs ?

Speaking of those, it's true that Met Hilarion [Alfeyev] is very intelligent. Does he have any sway to be independent, or he is only allowed to be the mouthpiece of the establishment about all topics ? With his talents, might he be a better Patriarch than Kirill ?

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

Speaking of those, it's true that Met Hilarion [Alfeyev] is very intelligent. Does he have any sway to be independent, or he is only allowed to be the mouthpiece of the establishment about all topics ? With his talents, might he be a better Patriarch than Kirill ?

Hilarion is an unrepentant ecumenist.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh I know. But what I was alluding to was whether this is his own idea or The Party Line that he MUST follow to stay in power ? On his own, if Patriarch some day, what would he do, I wonder : continue the policies of Kirill without change - or would he veer away and strike a somewhat independent course > ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Oh I know. But what I was alluding to was whether this is his own idea or The Party Line that he MUST follow to stay in power ? On his own, if Patriarch some day, what would he do, I wonder : continue the policies of Kirill without change - or would he veer away and strike a somewhat independent course > ?

As an unrepentant heretic and ecumenist, Hilarion is simply not to be trusted. In addition, he is a Name-Worshiper.

It is best not to waste time speculating, but to spend more time in prayer.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Is he openly a Name Worshipper ? Or one has to analyze carefully to determine that ?
Are most of the top rungs of the MP Name Worshippers ?
Does this play any role in the Ukraine Church situation ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara,

Hilarion has presented papers on name-worshiping.

Please read the following post (and the thread from which it is taken):

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... =28#p62252

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Excellent thread ; I will have to finish it later, but great posts.