Kursk-Korennaya Icon short video RocorMP

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Kursk-Korennaya Icon short video RocorMP

Post by Barbara »

Fitting for today, the Feast Day of the Kursk Icon, a quick video of Her visit to Sacramento, CA and
also to Reno Nevada. A brief history of the Icon is included.

It would be surely nice to have True Orthodox parishes abound in cities like Reno and Las Vegas for the obvious reason mentioned toward the end of the 4 minute video.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Kursk-Korennaya Icon short video RocorMP

Post by Barbara »

Here is an Icon-style holy card called "Our Miraculous Lady of Kursk". I had found this long ago. When I came across one of these cards recently, I looked it up to see whether this is it still available> it is but in the process of being discontinued [ sadly - not too many people in the non-Orthodox world would recognize this Icon : hopefully, that will change ]

If any readers like this style, one can buy an entire pack of 100 cards for 1 CENT each at the current price. Only 18 packs left.

I like the color scheme on this rendering of the Kursk-Korennaya [Root] Mother of God, the official Protectress of the Russian Diaspora, primarily the Russian Church Outside of Russia. Surely, whoever arranged the holy card must have known about the great importance of this Icon and understood Rocor's powerful anti-Communist mission under the Protection of the Kursk Mother of God.

These cards are made in Italy [ always the best quality ] and thus are much more elegant than this sample at the website. Particularly, the gold background looks a bit like gold leaf in the actual cards and the purple and green hues of Her robes are more striking.

http://www.autom.com/product/hcp-100p-o ... holy-cards