Beware World Orthodox Elders Who Reject Old Calendarists

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Beware World Orthodox Elders Who Reject Old Calendarists

Post by Barbara »

Really great explanations, eish.

May I ask what is IRL  ? As everyone can tell, I am totally out of the current situation online. I am doing my best to catch up.

Eish, would you say that this dynamic of loss of EP parishioners to the MP could well be behind the Fordham-sponsored tidal wave of propaganda crashing on the American media scene during these weeks in order to scare people away from Rocor-MP and the MP ??!

eish
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Re: Beware World Orthodox Elders Who Reject Old Calendarists

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Wed 17 April 2024 7:32 pm

Really great explanations, eish.

May I ask what is IRL  ? As everyone can tell, I am totally out of the current situation online. I am doing my best to catch up.

Eish, would you say that this dynamic of loss of EP parishioners to the MP could well be behind the Fordham-sponsored tidal wave of propaganda crashing on the American media scene during these weeks in order to scare people away from Rocor-MP and the MP ??!

In Real Life.

Probably. Remember also that I am not distinguishing between EP/Greek state church/Cypriot state church/Alexandrian patriarchate. All of the Greek state church apparatus votes, acts, and thinks as a block. Most of the parishioners believe that we have the same religion as Roman Catholics and most of them believe that Bartholomew has papal powers. Also, it hasn't been weeks. They've been at it for years.

Bishops in Africa are here on Greek state diplomatic passports. Think for yourself, is Greece in the Alexandrian patriarchate? Then you understand how it works.