Cimitière Russe Caucade a Nice pour le Sergianiste Patriarchat de Moscou

Converse in other languages not covered above. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Archimandrit Nilos

Cimitière Russe Caucade a Nice pour le Sergianiste Patriarchat de Moscou

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

http://www.exarchat.eu/spip.php?article1808
La querelle entre Constantinople (Istambul) et le Sergianiste Patriarchate de Moscou continue: le dernier réclame la cimtière de Caucade a Nice. Comment cette querelle prendra fin ? on se demande. C'est la face de l'Orthodoxie du Monde hérétique.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Cimitière Russe Caucade a Nice pour le Sergianiste Patriarchat de Moscou

Post by Barbara »

The MP is claiming the age-old Russian Cemetery at Nice ?? That's ridiculous> There are a lot of emigres buried there, refugees from the "Reds".

This is big news. I need to read the article carefully, but I am glad to have learned about the quarrel taking place.

Thank you, Archimandrite.

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

The so called "Archbishopric of rue Daru", this modernistic ecumenistic parasynagogue of the "Ecumenical Patriarchate" (World Orthodoxy) is unfortunately in no way better.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I looked up a little about the Cemetery out of historical interest. I had never seen pictures of it !
It's beautiful. Quite Mediterranean in appearance. Even the Chapel looks like it came from a Greek island.
I love the tiled roofs. Looks idyllic - as cemeteries go, that is !

I see Caucade is the name of the hill upon which the cemetery is laid out, southwest of Nice. I wonder how far out of town it is ?

Wow, what a prime piece of real estate to be fought over.

I copied the letter of Abp Jean, but fear the guggl translate won't accept it all ! That guggl translate got TOO picky awhile back. Now it's no fun to use.

Sure enough, my remembrance was correct that the cemetery was mainly filled with White emigres. Thus it seems that if any World Orthodox jurisdiction should have custody of it, that one should be Rocor-MP.

What does the present rue Daru "archbishopric" have to do with this affair except that it is on French soil ??

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Actually, the cemetary is privately owned. It belongs to the cultual association that is itself affiliated to the Rue Daru. It has been like this for almost one century. In France, the Rue Daru has always been more important in size that the other Russian jurisdictions.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Any news about that situation ?

I came across par hasard this list of White Russian emigre notables buried at the Cimitiere Russe Caucade, 78 Avenue de Sainte-Marguerite, Nice. A short description is provided of each :

Grigori Viktorovich (Georges) Adamovich (1894-1971). Poet and critic. Studied history in the university of St. Petersburg. Escaped in 1922 to Paris.

Princess Nina Bagration-Moukhransky (1882-1972). Lady in waiting to the Tsaritsa.

Vladimir Bezobrazov (1857-1932). Cavalry general, aide-de- camp to the Tsar.

Adam Cwiecinsky (1827-1881). General and aide-de-camp to Alexander II.

Michael Grulev (1857-1943). Lieutenant-General and author of Carnets d'un general juif, in which he sharply criticized the Imperial Army.

Nina Ivanov-Lutzevin (1888-1986). Lady in waiting to the Tsaritsa.[ Interesting that a lady in waiting to Empress Alexandra Feodorovna survived that long, until 1986 ! Wonder what her story is ? ]

Nicholas Yudenich (Moscow 1862 Д Saint-Laurent-du-Var 1933). Infantry general. From 1914 to 1917 commander of the Russian army on the Caucasian front. In October 1919 he was commander of the North Western White Army, and with 13,000 men he was about to capture St. Petersburg, when he was defeated by Trotsky's crack troops of the Red Army. He withdrew, to reinforce his troops, but abandoned the plan of a second attack and left for France.

Princess Catharina Yurevsky, nee Princess Dolgorouky (Moscow 1847 Д Nice 1922). Second wife of Alexander II. When she was his mistress, she had three children: Grigori (1872), Olga (1873) and Catharina (1880). On July 18, 1880, a month after his wife Maria Alexandrovna had passed away, Alexander and Princess Catharina Dolgoroukaya married in St.-Petersburg, and in December 1880 she became, by virtue of an ukase, the title `Princess Yurevsky'.

Serge Kanshin (1863-1944). Last Russian consul in Nice, from 1906 to 1917.

Arkadi Kostin (1863-1953). Minister and Privy Councillor of Nicholas II.

Vladimir Lazarevsky (Kiev 1897 Д Nice 1953). Journalist. Finished law school in Prague and in Paris he founded the paper La Pensee russe.

Serge Lyubimov (1851-1918). Father confessor to Princess Olga von Wurttemberg, successively, from 1887 to 1918, archpriest of the church Saint-Nicolas-et-Sainte-Alexandra in Nice. Father Lyubimov is burried in the sanctuarium of the Saint-Nicholas Chapel, in the middle of the cemetery.
Serge Sazonov (Moscow 1860 Д Nice 1927). From 1910 to 1916 Minister of Foreign Affairs. In 1914 he tried to talk the Tsar into announcing a mobilisation, to show loyalty to Serbia. Soon afterwards World War I was a fact.

Princess Elena of Serbia (Reka 1884 Д Nice 1962). Daughter of King Peter I of Serbia, spouse of Grand Duke Ivan Constantinovich Romanoff, who in July 1918 was murdered by the Cheka.

Dmitri Shcherbatov (Moscow 1857 Д Nice 1932). Cavalry general, aide-de-camp to the Tsar.

General Michael Svekhin (Ekaterinoslav 1876 Д Nice 1976). Grand-cousin of Sophie Svechin. From 1915 he was commander of the Guards Cuirassiers of Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna. In 1917 he was promoted Divisional General, and in 1918 he joined the Don Cossacks of the White Army. In 1925 he escaped to France.

http://www.vgd.ru/CEMETRY/russians.htm