Spectacular new Church to arise over Lubyanka Sq.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Spectacular new Church to arise over Lubyanka Sq.

Post by Barbara »

In the pics for the last Liturgy of Met Tikhon of Pskov, we get one of the best glimpses of the interior of the 1-year old [ by consecration ] Cathedral of the Resurrection and the New Martyrs :

However, I feel that the altar below the frescos looks cold and a tad forbidding. The image of the Cathedral's altar did NOT show up here, either due to my mistake or an automatic protection from use for a wrong purpose.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

In the pics for the last Liturgy of Met Tikhon of Pskov, we get one of the best glimpses of the interior of the 1-year old [ by consecration ] Cathedral of the Resurrection and the New Martyrs :

However, I feel that the altar below the frescos looks cold and a tad forbidding. The image of the Cathedral's altar did NOT show up here, either due to my mistake or an automatic protection from use for a wrong purpose.

Do you have a link so that we can view the entire image?

I like how the deacon leads the people in prayer, and how all or most women are veiled. What a contrast to western forms of worship!

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yes, here is the entire photo gallery. Some pictures are only of attendees at the final liturgy celebrated by Metropolitan Tikhon [Shevkunov] before leaving Sretensky for the border of Lithuania :

http://orthochristian.com/113115.html

Let me try that altar photo again :

Beautiful mosaic of the Ascension, the day this Cathedral was consecrated in 2017 :

Russian New Martyrs of the Communist Yoke surround and adore the Risen Christ [ dual patronage of the Cathedral at Lubyanka ] :