Justice Antonin Scalia found dead, 2/13/2016

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Agios_Irineos

Re: Justice Antonin Scalia found dead, 2/13/2016

Post by Agios_Irineos »

And here I thought a 79 year old smoker with coronary artery disease, obesity, sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure and diabetes just died in his sleep.

You're right, what a ridiculous thought.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:

And here I thought a 79 year old smoker with coronary artery disease, obesity, sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure and diabetes just died in his sleep.

With a pillow over his head?

We do live in a strange ridiculous world where anything is possible.

Hey, Cain killed Abel. That was the first recorded homicide.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Maria wrote:
HieromonkIrineos wrote:

With a pillow over his head?

Some people do that. I am not an expert on the sleeping habits of Justice Scalia. His family probably would know better and they don't appear alarmed by the report.

Maria wrote:

Hey, Cain killed Abel. That was the first recorded homicide.

That seems impossible without the involvement of Hollywood and the Illuminati :roll:

Actually, I think we have a straight forward written account of the act. Something notably absent here.

As I argued unconvincingly to my 10th grade American Lit teacher, sometimes a tree is just a tree.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

HieromonkIrineos,

Do you recognize that the press lies repetitively on a daily basis? A simple yes or no will suffice. Why should we unquestioningly accept news reports at face value from proven liars, who have been exposed for faking deaths numerous times in the past?

Tell us more about your beliefs, HieromonkIrineos. Do you believe man evolved from apes? Do you believe the earth rotates on its axis and orbits the sun? Do you believe man set foot on the moon? If the media lies about those things, why wouldn't these antichrists lie about many other things as well?

Do tell us which media sources you consider reliable.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Cyprian wrote:

HieromonkIrineos,

Do you recognize that the press lies repetitively on a daily basis? A simple yes or no will suffice. Why should we unquestioningly accept news reports at face value from proven liars, who have been exposed for faking deaths numerous times in the past?

Tell us more about your beliefs, HieromonkIrineos. Do you believe man evolved from apes? Do you believe the earth rotates on its axis and orbits the sun? Do you believe man set foot on the moon? If the media lies about those things, why wouldn't these antichrists lie about many other things as well?

Do tell us which media sources you consider reliable.

Occam's Razor, my friend.

I'm not here to engage in fantastical conjecture with you.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

You're right. A monk has more important things to focus on. Forgive me for distracting you from your prayers.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Cyprian wrote:

You're right. A monk has more important things to focus on. Forgive me for distracting you from your prayers.

I am not a very good monk. With God's grace, I may do better. Your prayers, please.