Synod of the Patristic Calendar of the Church of Hellas (GOC-A)

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Synod of the Patristic Calendar of the Church of Hellas (GOC-A)

Post by Barbara »

Thank you much, Father Antonios !

Oh, is he an Archbishop now ??
If you could mention it when you meet him, that would be great.
He was an active participant here, then faded away. < I hope it wasn't I who caused that, since I said that people in my state are not ready - overall - for Orthodoxy due to too many L d s here, and also very strong "Christian" groups. Especially rural people, as was being discussed - a family group in the northern area who had contacted him to go under his omophorion, but ended up going to the MP - are not the most receptive to Orthodox missionary work - though of course ANYTHING can happen any time with God's assistance and direction !
Please tell him that I apologize in case he was offended by my remark.

It would be nice to get him to take part again here.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Jean-Serge wrote: Tue 27 February 2024 1:05 pm

A priori, a bishop who leaves his synod is culprit of creating a parasynagog. So such reason should be expressed explicitely and publicly so that everybody can check them.

Ordaining bishops with the synod of Milan who had been in world orthodoxy as a branch or the Ukrainian Autocephalus Church in the 90s is also a topic of discussion and requires explanations.

And I'd be more than happy to answer those questions. But let's address them in order.

1) "A priori, a bishop who leaves his synod is culprit of creating a parasynagog."
You can say "suspected", but not "culprit", as it implies guilt without an actual judgment. It can just as easily be argued that at the episcopal and Synodical levels, the dysfunction in the GOC of Greece has left NO ONE with a perfect "canonical record" so then one could either argue that (a) there is no GOC of Greece, which is a farcical conclusion or (b) some work needs to be done to restore canonical order, and so far there have been two major approaches.

2) "in world orthodoxy as a branch or the Ukrainian Autocephalus Church in the 90s" is a misrepresentation in numerous ways, not the least of which are:

1) The UAOC was never part of World Orthodoxy. Their dalliance with the EP, while confusing and problematic, was never truly accepted and was rejected by Constantinople.
2) Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan was also with Synod of Abp Auxentios until the latter's repose in 1994 and Abp Maximos before what was left of the Synod fell apart.
3) The communion agreement between Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan and Patriarch Volodymr (Romaniuk) is well documented and I even had the communion agreements translated for the history I compiled of the Synod. When he reposed in 1995, Filaret (Denisenko) attempted to subordinate the Milan Synod in contempt of their original agreement, and by 1996 Milan and Kiev were in an open conflict (I remember this period well, as it was the time Bp Michel Laroche-- at the instigation of Kiev-- first attempted to slander Metropolitan Evloghios as a freemason.) At one point Milan had to make a bunch of new websites, as their webmaster went with Kiev and destroyed their web presence. So no, Milan was never a "branch of the UAOC".

EDIT: I should add that this is one part of Rdr. Vladimir Moss' history I have openly and repeatedly disputed. He basically ignored my protests.

I would be glad to clarify further with any questions.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

As far as I know the Ukrainian UAOC has bishops with the Moscow Patriarchate as origin. Am I mistaken ? From what I know, they were not true orthodox at all and ecumenistic, like many Ukrainian groups, since the nationality is more important than the faith.

It seems to me that the Milan Synod claimed having received autocephaly from Archbishop Auxentios but provided a dubious document very late. Moreover, only the synod and not the Archbishop alone could grant autocephaly. I see this requires a full Milan Synod thread in fact.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote: Tue 27 February 2024 1:08 pm

He was an active participant here, then faded away. < I hope it wasn't I who caused that, since I said that people in my state are not ready - overall - for Orthodoxy due to too many L d s here, and also very strong "Christian" groups. Especially rural people, as was being discussed - a family group in the northern area who had contacted him to go under his omophorion, but ended up going to the MP - are not the most receptive to Orthodox missionary work - though of course ANYTHING can happen any time with God's assistance and direction !

Hello Barbara,

It is nice to hear from you again. I will send you my email via PM in the event you do not have it. I really did not know this forum was back. I did stop being a moderator here while it was still running because the unfailing need of some GOC/TOC to attack others continues to make a horrible witness. I see it continues unabated. Please pray for me.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Agios_Irineos wrote: Tue 27 February 2024 8:01 pm
Barbara wrote: Tue 27 February 2024 1:08 pm

Hello Barbara,

It is nice to hear from you again. I will send you my email via PM in the event you do not have it. I really did not know this forum was back. I did stop being a moderator here while it was still running because the unfailing need of some GOC/TOC to attack others continues to make a horrible witness. I see it continues unabated. Please pray for me.

Evlogite!

I'm hoping ECafe 2.0 will be a different experience, but it would be impossible for it to be something completely different! We'll see how it goes this time.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Great, thank you so much !
OH -- is that why you decided not to stay ? I am so sorry about THAT problem, too !

What can we do to keep everything in check here from now on, so that this kind of unpleasant occurrences don't recur ? Maybe members need to mention it right away when things are getting uncivilized ?