Ice Age Nears with Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Sinkholes

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Mini Ice Age Approacheth. Will the Thames freeze over?

Post by Maria »

This graph was too huge, but if you click this link to see the full chart.

This chart provided by NASA shows:

that Solar Cycle 22 is the highest cycle of the three, almost twice the height of Solar Cycle 24;
that Solar Cycle 23 was longer than Solar Cycle 22; and
that CURRENT Solar Cycle 24 appears that it will be a much longer cycle but lower in sunspot numbers.

In other words, we have been in a solar minimum approaching another Maunder Minimum where sunspots were infrequently observed. This appears to be an approximately 100 year cycle. Nothing to worry about.

Maunder Minimums are mini-ice ages.

Again, nothing to worry about. We just need to junk the bikinis and start dressing modestly.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Oh, and regarding Alaska, during the last Maunder Minimum, Alaska was warm.
Therefore, the global warmists who look to Alaska as the benchmark for global warming are misleading us.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=7122

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

I found this chart of all the record highs and record lows for Los Angeles:
http://www.laalmanac.com/weather/we04.htm

Interestingly, here in Los Angeles, the temperature remains moderate as it is affected by the ocean.
While Los Angeles has had both significant highs and lows during solar minimums and solar maximums,
there are more warm days in a solar maximum and more cold days during a solar minimum.

During this current solar minimum, we are also having high temperatures (but not record temperatures) in triple digits with an alert for high temperatures through Thursday, yet the sun has only been registering solar flaring between A5 to B1, which is quite low. We are also having the normal temperatures in the evening and early dawn hours.

Just before sunset yesterday, the sun appeared so huge and bright, and it was very close to 100 degrees. Yes, we were being buffeted by solar winds and a CME from a hyder flare, which do occur during solar minimums, so that might have increased the heat.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

Greetings Barbara,

I am afraid that I have veered the topic away from the discussion regarding cycles of a mini-ice age, which I simply do not accept. God is in complete control of His creation, and not at all indifferent or detached, and He does not simply decide to make it hot or cold (aside from the natural seasons and such) according to some cyclical chart.

I do not pay any heed to these godless scientists who claim that everything is dependent on natural cycles, like earthquakes. It is a denial of the providence of God. When these atheists claim we are "overdue" for "the big one," meaning an earthquake, their meaning is something akin to claiming that that major earthquakes happen every few hundred years or so, and there hasn't been one in a few hundred years, so we are "overdue". God decides when there will be an earthquake or an ice age, not some stupid sun cycle.

We are long past overdue for some major disasters and cataclysms only because of the merciful and long-suffering beneficence of God, despite our sins and apostasy. Hollywood should have been given over to the same punishment as Sodom and Gomorrah long ago. Perhaps there are still 5 or 10 faithful living in that town so it has been spared, albeit for only a short time.

The numbering system I employ to total up or count the digits of various dates and birthdates did not originate with the holy fathers. It likely comes from the Kabbalah or some other worldly philosophical system. I did not invent this system, and I do not order my life accordingly. I merely attempt to expose and explain the numerological system that the enemies of God and of mankind use to order all of their doings. I have not calculated dates (by totaling the digits) only a handful of times, but many thousands of times, so it is a repeatable phenomenon, and I know it is not something random, but a definite system they employ.

The devil seeks to imitate Christ in all things. The Orthodox Church maintains a festal calendar, whereby every day of the year commemorates an important event in the life of the Church. The anniversary of the repose of the saints is memorialized, however except for a few notable exceptions, in general, dates of birth are not considered important.

The Synagogue of Satan imitates the Church of Christ, also employing a calendar, whereby certain festal dates are deemed significant. I have come to learn that there is a major emphasis placed on the dates of people's birth in this system rather than the dates of repose which the Church calls the faithful to remembrance.

There are twelve major feasts in the Orthodox Church, and perhaps there are twelve made use of by the enemies of the Church.

The two greatest feasts of the Church are Holy Pascha and Holy Nativity, and it would seem that the two greatest festivals of the satanists are Halloween and May Day, which one will notice are exactly six months apart. (November 1 to May 1).

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The word of God informs us that those who have understanding are to "count the number of the beast". The Greek word is arithmon/arithmos, which one would presume is where we derive the word arithmetic, which is the art of counting numbers. I did not come up with the notion of Benediktos totaling 666 of my own volition. St. Andrew of Caesarea and Oecumenius in their commentaries on the Apocalypse both mention BENEDIKTOS as totaling 666. They and other fathers give some other possibilities as well, including LATEINOS.

LATEINOS = 666 30+1+300+5+10+50+70+200 (1+5) + (10+50) + (30+70+200+300)

Several years ago I conducted a thorough analysis of all the names suggested by the Fathers, and came to some interesting conclusions.

Counting up numbers is not expressly forbidden by the Church in certain instances; in fact, it rather is encouraged in the particular case of calculating the number of the Antichrist. There are other (limited) instances where Church fathers employ a method of counting numbers. However, this does not mean that all forms of numerology are useful or expedient. As is the case in many instances, there is a proper way to approach numerology, and an improper way. Discernment must be exercised.

The Arabic numerals that are universally used today (i.e. 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.) were not used when the Scriptures were written. They came many centuries later.

The Greeks and Romans used letters from the alphabet to represent numbers, hence Greek numerals and Roman numerals.
The first six Roman numerals, for example, total 666. I = 1, V= 5 X=10, L=50, C=100, and D = 500

I + V = 6
X + L = 60
C + D = 600

We can arrive at some interesting possibilities if we simply apply this methodology to the Greek.

Alpha (A) = 1
Epsilon (E) = 5
Iota (I) = 10
Ni (N) = 50
Rho (R) = 100
Phi (PH) = 500

This gives us a perfect 600, 60 and 6 from exactly six letters. This is preferable to names such as BENEDIKTOS and LATEINOS, which comprise more than six letters, and therefore are imperfect.

Of all the names, St. Irenaeus mentions TEITAN (with the diphthong) as being most worthy of credit, for it is comprised of exactly six letters, and is also two syllables.

TEITAN = 666 300+5+10+300+1+50 (5+1) + (10+50) + (300+300)

Notice TEITAN comes much closer, being comprised of the values for (1+5) and (10+50). However, it does not contain the values for (100 + 500), but rather (300 + 300). So it is not perfect, but it is closer.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thanks SO MUCH for giving the more full explanation of the numbers and how they are used right, Cyprian.

I agree with you about the will of God in determining the weather, even day to day, I believe.
Still, Maria has opened up an interesting field of inquiry. No one probably can predict at all successfully what weather conditions are in the offing.
But at least we can keenly observe what is happening now, thereby speculate on future trends. I for one would like to
have a sense of what to expect in the near and farther future, so I can make suitable plans to be ready.

Now what you wrote about the counterfeit of the Orthodox Church, copying and twisting around to evil purposes Her holy days is fascinating to me.
This is particularly appropriate with the Church New Year coming up in a few hours.
I can see the truth in what you said about the 'holidays' of the Devil, International Communism Day and Halloween,
which by the way is not Nov 1 but October 31, which I know you know. You were underlining the congruency of the preplanned days, half a year apart, where the dark forces like to run rampant if allowed by God.
It's as though each of the 2 infamous days are meant to last over the next 6 months until the next awful 'holiday' renews that evil for the next half a year.

May 1 is also right before the assigned "national holiday" for Mexico, dubbed 'cinco de mayo' and heavily promoted by the same sinister powers who brought the world all the rest of these obnoxious customs. Mexicans never celebrated it much until massive campaigns from north of the Rio Grande propelled them into taking note of it. It's amazing how even whole countries can be indoctrinated this way. "You're saying my national holiday is such and such event ? Huh ? What about religious Feasts ? Surely they are more important ! Well - OK, if you want to throw a party and invite me, I guess I could go along." And so the resistance weakens year after year, producing a carefully molded people for the Ma so ns and their ilk.

Maria
Archon

Shaking earth: earthquakes, volcanoes, polar shifts, etc.

Post by Maria »

http://www.ktvq.com/story/30386493/gian ... ok_Q2_News

“An engineer from Riverton, WY came out to shed a little light on this giant crack in the earth. Apparently, a wet spring lubricated across a cap rock. Then, a small spring on either side caused the bottom to slide out. [The engineer] estimated 15 to 20 million yards of movement. By range finder, an estimate is 750 yards long and about 50 yards wide.”

These are badlands. Glad I do not live near there.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Shaking earth: earthquakes, volcanoes, polar shifts, etc.

Post by Barbara »

This pic was all over my local news. I was not afraid, but rather thought it was intriguing. Notice how it didn't happen in a place with houses mercifully, but out in the open range.
Perhaps, though, a warning of what could happen when God decides to punish the perpetrators of evil and those who passively go along with the evil agenda in a more populated area.