Name Worshipping Alert: True Orthodoxy under attack

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Name Worshipping Alert: True Orthodoxy under attack

Post by Maria »

Newsbreaking from NFTU: http://nftu.net/htm-changing-liturgical ... ose_button

• “...my choir and I came across something interesting during the Matins of the feast of Saints Joachim and Anna. ...

“Thanks to the Saviour’s Name (capitalized), Who careth for creation, Whose will was that beyond hope…” [2005] ...

[compare the above to the older translation below]

“Thanks to the Saviour and Provider of all things, Who was well pleased that beyond hope” [1986]

Please go to the link at NFTU to read the entire article.

We must be careful when buying liturgical books or even reading materials from those who call themselves "True" Orthodox, so this would be an ASK YOUR PRIEST question.

Not only former "True Orthodox" churches have been compromised with the Name-Worshipping heresy, but also there are books published by the OCA's St. Vladimir Seminary that teach Name-Worshipping. For example, two SVS books written by Arch. Sophrony, On Prayer and His Life is Mine, contain paragraphs that promote the Name-Worshipping heresy. By the way, Arch. Sophrony is being considered for canonization in the UK.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: Name Worshipping Alert

Post by jgress »

Interesting. I'd certainly be interested to know what in Greek could be translated either as "Name" or as "Provider of all things". Actually, from my knowledge of Greek that would be impossible.

But yeah, this looks like imyaslavie. I don't think it's Orthodox to attribute agency to God's Name: God's Name can't care for Creation or anything like that. But maybe some experts can chime in.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Thanks Maria! This is very important information.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Name worshippers are so ignorant. They actually put value in the created word. St. Paul couldn't describe what he saw. Prophet Isaiah couldn't describe what he saw so he used metaphors. Our human, created language is so feeble. How can the created describe the Uncreated???? I feel sorry for these people that they are so blind. Truly. I feel sorry for them. I hope they get a wake up call.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Since posting these alerts concerning altered liturgical texts, the GOC-K Diocese of the West under Bishop Sergios no longer recommends HOCNA texts, but instead recommends the use of the liturgical music published by the former ROCOR monastery which is now part of the GOA (St. Anthony's Monastery in Arizona under Elder Ephraim).

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

προσκυνητής
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC of Greece - Met. Christophoros

Post by προσκυνητής »

St. Anthony's Monastery uses Holy Transfiguration Monastery's texts for their music.

Romanos
Florida, USA

The content of any of my posts is strictly my own opinion and not the official position of St. Menas Greek Orthodox Chapel, the GOC of Greece, nor any of her clergy.