A word of warning - Metropolitan Daniel Mogutnov

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

m. Evfrosinia
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

A word of warning - Metropolitan Daniel Mogutnov

Post by m. Evfrosinia »

A few months ago I was "friended" by Metropolitan Daniel Mogutnov on Facebook. Until recently he was with Met. Raphael's of Moscow's group, then he joined a group that seems to have its base in Italy. Today he posted information that he claimed had never been disclosed before, revealing that he had been consecrated a bishop in the ROCOR in 2001 by Archbishop Seraphim (Doulgoff) and Bishop Ambrose (Cantacuzene) in the Swiss town of Vevey. This is an outright lie, I knew both of these bishops very well, as well as what was happening in our dicoese at that time. Archbishop Seraphim resided here at the Lesna monastery since 1993 right up until his death, and he never traveled to Vevey in those years. Metropolitan Daniel did visit Switzerland in those years, and was acquainted with Bishop Ambrose, because at one point, when we were looking for a priest to help out at the monastery, Vl. Ambrose passed on his name and address, thinking that perhaps he might be interested. We wasted a lot of time and money trying to arrange a visa for him, and then at the last minute he backed out, saying that he just couldn't bare to leave Russia. I have no idea why he has now decided to spread this lie. I sent him a private message on Facebook, telling him that I knew that this wasn't true, and he replied, saying, "that's your affair if you want to think so", and instantly banned me (a first for me!) Again, I have no idea of what he is hoping to acheive, but be warned that this man is neither honest nor truthful.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: A word of warning - Metropolitan Daniel Mogutnov

Post by Barbara »

It's excellent that you are able to expose this imposter, Mother Evfrosinia-- ! Not many people COULD. It's important you stood up. The fact that he behaved so rudely to you gives a backup confirmation that you are right on target. That is a giveaway that he is trying to masquerade as someone he is not, and is angry that you saw instantly through him.

His inconsiderate behavior at the earlier juncture was a precursor for this latest episode it seems.
What kind of clergyman would do that to a respected Convent, after all ?

Still, it feels awful to get summarily banned like that.

Have you written up your memoirs of Bishop Ambrose anywhere ? I would be quite interested to hear, as I know nothing about him except the famous last name. Same for Archbishop Seraphim [ Doulgoff ]. It would be a tremendous contribution, as so few people [ at least, in the U.S. ] have any knowledge of either hierarch.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

According to the Minutes of the meeting of the Holy Synod of the EDC CPI held on November 2, 2012 at the Synod House of the TOC(Russia, Moscow, ul.Radio, 12, page 1), under the chairmanship of His Holiness Rafael, the Archbishop of Moscow, Metropolitan of All Russia, Primate of the True Orthodox Church, confirmed in his position of Chairman of the Synodal Department WDC EDC CPI :
I . “2.1. In connection with the suspension of the OVTSD after dismissal from office and from the staff pochisleniya EDC CPI former chairman of the Department of the above, according to p.3.21 (p.p.13) of the Charter EDC CPI to resume the activities of the Synodal Department for External Church Affairs (abbreviated – OVTSD). 2.2. Approve as Chairman of the Department for External Church Affairs of Metropolitan Daniel (Mogutnov). “
http://nftu.net/toc-r-metropolitan-dani ... relations/

According to Deacon Suaiden, back in 2013, Met. Daniel apparently left Rafael, accusing him of occultism, and then joined with the remnants of the Milan Synod, who had tried to go back under the MP. This is discussed in our private forum. As readers here will recall, Met. Rafael is now with the notorious Name-Worshiper, Gregory Lourie.

Some Name-Worshipers, especially homosexuals, tend to treat the Jesus Prayer as a magical mantra that will enable them to remain in perversity without the need of repentance. Thus, the Name-Worshiping heresy is being promoted in the OCA, in HOCNA, and by some hierarchs in the ROCOR. Indeed, heresy leads to perversion, as a haughty expression of breaking from Christ's Holy Church.

So where is he now? Is he still with the Milan Synod.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Gasp - is that what is going on ?? Maria, can you fill in any more detail here ?
Would you say that the Name Worshippers are drawn from the ranks of the homosexuals ? Or let's say, primarily so ?
Homosexuals do not feel comfortable in fully Orthodox jurisdictions but gravitate to either heretical jurisdictions or Name-Worshipping factions within a jurisdiction ? Are those factions organized ? Are they powerful ? I mean in the OCA & Rocor-MP ? Hocna is well understood in this regard. But the other two jurisdictions need to be examined under a microscope to understand the alarming spread of this "bacteria", the heresy.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Gasp - is that what is going on ?? Maria, can you fill in any more detail here ?
Would you say that the Name Worshippers are drawn from the ranks of the homosexuals ? Or let's say, primarily so ?
Homosexuals do not feel comfortable in fully Orthodox jurisdictions but gravitate to either heretical jurisdictions or Name-Worshipping factions within a jurisdiction ? Are those factions organized ? Are they powerful ? I mean in the OCA & Rocor-MP ? Hocna is well understood in this regard. But the other two jurisdictions need to be examined under a microscope to understand the alarming spread of this "bacteria", the heresy.

Monomakhos has already dug deep enough to expose this perversity at the OCA Manton Monastery in Northern California back in 2012. This exposure resulted in the Abbot, a widowed psychologist, suddenly relocating to Britain. Go to Monomakhos for more details, but please keep that information out of this thread as that website does not benefit one's salvation.

It is best not to dig any deeper. Let's keep this thread on topic.

Deacon Suaiden did say that the Milan group, which Met. Daniel joined, has a few perverse members of its own. I will not elaborate.

We need to pray for these people.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Of course.

I thought the cleric in question returned to his Amsterdam MP parish, though. Appreciate all that information !

Back to the topic, then, the minute I read the claim of this Met Daniel to have been consecrated by the 2 Rocor Bishops,
I felt that it could not possibly be. The hierarchs would have sought permission from New York, and the matter would have had to have been approved. It would be common knowledge in these circles.

It's not a wise claim to make, for someone sharp like Mother Evfrosinia will immediately detect the fraud !
And the average person will feel highly skeptical.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Of course.

I thought the cleric in question returned to his Amsterdam MP parish, though. Appreciate all that information !

Back to the topic, then, the minute I read the claim of this Met Daniel to have been consecrated by the 2 Rocor Bishops,
I felt that it could not possibly be. The hierarchs would have sought permission from New York, and the matter would have had to have been approved. It would be common knowledge in these circles.

It's not a wise claim to make, for someone sharp like Mother Evfrosinia will immediately detect the fraud !
And the average person will feel highly skeptical.

If you have been following the developing story of "Archbishop" Ambrose Moran in the Misc. Forum, it is amazing how many men fake their ordination and consecration, and for what purpose?