Satanic Group Playing with Fire: Baphomet

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Satanic Group Playing with Fire: Baphomet

Post by Maria »

One of the most frightening books I’ve ever read was Possessed, the real-life account of an exorcism in 1949, in St. Louis, Mo. It served as the basis of the popular novel and film “The Exorcist.” Performed by some no-nonsense Jesuits, the exorcism, unlike the film, reached its conclusion when the possessed boy (not girl, as in the book and film) was wheeled in a gurney past a statue of St. Michael the Archangel in a local hospital, and a disembodied voice shouted out, “Leave him!” I don’t have the book on hand, and this is not an exact quote, but that’s not the sort of thing that you forget. A few years later on an A&E special, William Halloran, S.J., a Jesuit priest who as a young Jesuit scholastic assisted in the exorcism, broke his silence and spoke openly about what had happened. In 2013, St. Louis University held an event to mark the 40th anniversary of the movie. ...

So when I read this morning that a Satanic group had erected in Detroit a statue of “Baphomet,” a goat-headed god that has become a kind of stand-in for Satan, I thought of all of what I had read and heard about exorcisms. And I thought: They are playing with fire.

To read the complete article, please click the link below:
http://americamagazine.org/content/all- ... aying-fire

Click at your discretion: Image of Baphomet

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Satanic Group Playing with Fire: Baphomet

Post by Matthew »

Indeed this is so unclean... Their ploy to get to pray to their devil was cast down this past week or so in some legislature or city council meeting. Sadly they have cancelled all prayer in future to be "fair to everyone of all faiths".

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Satanic Group Playing with Fire: Baphomet

Post by Maria »

Indeed, this prohibition of all prayer may be their goal.

Already I have heard that it is illegal to pray on the steps leading to the Senate building in Washington, D.C.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.