Who is the true ROCOR or ROCA now?

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Agios_Irineos

Re: Who is the true ROCOR or ROCA now?

Post by Agios_Irineos »

jdigrande wrote:

I did not correct my error in humility:) I just corrected my error without any virtue attached to it whatsoever.

That's what makes it humble, my dear friend.

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Cyprian wrote:
jdigrande wrote:

It is also important to note that Chrysostomos was a big public admirer of Stalin and Pat. Alexi in 1944.

Joseph, please tell me more. Where can I find this documented?

Likewise, in his [chrysotom of Florina] memorandum of 1947 for a future Pan-Orthodox Synod to assemble, he quotes that “This triumph of the Church was achieved via the all-sustaining power of Christ, using the Excellent Commander Stalin as his means and organ, and his glorious collaborators and military men, who, together with the First-Hierarch [i.e., Sergius Stragorodsky] and the hierarchs of the Russian Church published the pact of the State with the Church [i.e. the Sergianistic Declaration], and “this is the alteration of the right hand of the Most High!”

Is this the quote ?

d9popov

Post by d9popov »

Some facts in the 1940s: Stalin allowed the election of a patriarch and the opening of churches. Stalin's forces defeated Hitler and the fascists. The Moscow Patriarchate condemned ecumenism in the late 1940s. The Moscow Patriarchate supported the old calendar. Neither the Florinites nor the Matthewites had any success in getting the Greek autocephalous churches to return to the canonical calendar. Under those circumstances, some very good people (in both ROCOR and the Greek TOC) expressed the hope that Stalin would put things aright with respect to the calendar and ecumenism. Stalin was evil and did not do what some of the True Orthodox hoped he would do. Both ROCOR and the Greek TOC ended up staunchly anti-Stalin. The unfortunate quotations from Saint Chrysostom of Florina should not be used to obscure the above facts. Saint Chrysostom fought to his dying breath for the return of all who called themselves Orthodox to the true calendar. That is his legacy.

d9popov

Post by d9popov »

The key question is: Who remained faithful to Saint Philaret's Anathema Against Ecumenism (1983) and who rejected Metropolitan Cyprian's Ecclesiological Theses (1984) which was meant to be a REFUTATION of Saint Philaret's Anathema. Among Russian groups, it seems to me, the most faithful was the Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church (ROAC). That is why Bishop Gregory Grabbe, the pillar of ROCOR since the 1940s, supported ROAC. ROAC is a true successor of Saint Philaret's ROCOR.

jdigrande
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by jdigrande »

it is also good to remember that the GOC said nothing when the Ecumenical Patriarchate and Jerusalem Patriarchate accepted Anglican sacraments as valid in 1922 and 23. The Church of Cyprus followed suit.

Also the Ecumenical Patriarchate accepted the Soviet Renovationists as the true Church of Russia in 1922. The GOC said nothing about any of this and continued to commemorate the Mason Meletius Metaxis as Patriarch of Constantinople from 1921-23.

ROCOR also said nothing since the British had taken Palestine and they might be kicked out of the Holy Land if they protested.

It is only with the calendar change in 1924 that the GOC started to protest.

The GOC did not follow ROCOR and protest the Soviet takeover of the MP in 1927 by a former leader of the Renovationists (Sergius).

When Meletius Metaxis became Masonic Patriarch of Alexandria in 1926- did anyone in the GOC protest? Egypt was under the control of the Anglican English too at the time.

Ecumenism was an established heresy long before 1924. It started with the Branch Theory. Meletius Metaxis was praying with Anglican heretics in St. Pauls Cathedral in London in 1918 and there was not one word of protest this. He should have been defrocked then.

All of these facts speak to spiritual sickness vis a vis the heresy of Ecumenism.

879, 1285, 1341-51, 1672 and 1583-93 are all condemnations of the Anglicans. No one in the 20th century had the power to unbind those anathemas.
And one enforced them for the first quarter of the century.

Masonry is a pagan religion and Masons were in charge of the Greek Orthodox Church during the first quarter of the 20th century. Hundreds of Greek Masons were ordained prior to 1924.

Chrysostomos of Florina was part of this world and so was St. Matthew.

jdigrande

Post by jdigrande »

correction: "and no one enforced them in the first quarter of the 20th century."

jdigrande

Post by jdigrande »

Stalin did not allow the election of a patriarch in 1943. He elected the Patriarch. He destroyed thousands of churches and opened less than 100 after 1943. All of them were controlled by the KGB. The Greek Orthodox Church knew full well what Stalin had done from 1927-53.