Conversion 101

Justin Kolodziej
Faith: Want to confess the True Faith without compromise
Jurisdiction: Need to be received by the Church

Conversion 101

Post by Justin Kolodziej »

I gave the nearest GOC-K priest some background and ask for some advice on what to do first, but I have yet to hear back from him. While I'm waiting for the GOC-K priest to respond, what would you who have been there suggest I start doing? Prayers? Readings? Fasting?? (that one will be quite tough I can tell :lol: )

Currently I try to read the Epistles and Gospels for the day and I just discovered the Prologue of Ochrid, which is what I wish Butler's Lives of the Saints was. But my prayers are short, ad-hoc, and probably not really Orthodox.

Wherever even the last two or three are gathered together in His name, there He is in their midst.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Conversion 101

Post by Maria »

Justin Kolodziej wrote:

I gave the nearest GOC-K priest some background and ask for some advice on what to do first, but I have yet to hear back from him. While I'm waiting for the GOC-K priest to respond, what would you who have been there suggest I start doing? Prayers? Readings? Fasting?? (that one will be quite tough I can tell :lol: )

Currently I try to read the Epistles and Gospels for the day and I just discovered the Prologue of Ochrid, which is what I wish Butler's Lives of the Saints was. But my prayers are short, ad-hoc, and probably not really Orthodox.

Perhaps you can ask that nearest GOC-K priest what he would recommend as a prayerbook.

In the meantime, there is an online prayerbook: http://www.myriobiblos.gr/texts/english ... k/main.htm

Do you think you can visit that parish this coming Sunday?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justin Kolodziej
Faith: Want to confess the True Faith without compromise
Jurisdiction: Need to be received by the Church

Re: Conversion 101

Post by Justin Kolodziej »

Maria wrote:
Justin Kolodziej wrote:

Perhaps you can ask that nearest GOC-K priest what he would recommend as a prayerbook.

In the meantime, there is an online prayerbook: http://www.myriobiblos.gr/texts/english ... k/main.htm

Do you think you can visit that parish this coming Sunday?

Couldn't do it. That parish is 3 hours 45 minutes away plus stops. The nearest parish of any type only has a priest visit every couple of months and is 2 hours away. there is a couple near here who are true Orthodox but I don't have their info.

Thanks for the prayerbook link.

Wherever even the last two or three are gathered together in His name, there He is in their midst.