SSPX families request resignation of Bp. Fellay

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

SSPX families request resignation of Bp. Fellay

Post by Maria »

http://www.novusordowatch.org/wire/sspx ... 0&at_tot=1

Feb. 15, 2014

• In this open letter, an unidentified number of "faithful Catholic families" petition Bp. Fellay respectfully yet quite firmly to stop any and all attempts of reaching a canonical-theological agreement with the Vatican. Citing the Novus Ordo 1983 Code of Canon Law (can. 212) to the effect that they have a right in the [New] Church to bring grievances to their clerics and share them with other faithful, the writers of this letter accuse His Excellency of no longer being faithful to the original intent and mission of the Society of St. Pius X, founded in 1970 by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre (+1991) in Fribourg, Switzerland.

The authors reprimand Bp. Fellay for his attempts to reach an agreement with those "same Vatican authorities who persecute us and try to lead us into a different religion." They clearly express their unwillingness to put up with the situation any further: "We cannot accept it any longer," they exclaim, and issue a stern rebuke to the Swiss Superior General: "The SSPX isn't yours!"

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: SSPX families request resignation of Bp. Fellay

Post by Maria »

Lately, there have been a number of Traditional Catholics, some previously associated with the SSPX who have expressed an interest in Holy Orthodoxy. Is this turmoil in the SSPX part of that search?

Justin Kolodziej
Faith: Want to confess the True Faith without compromise
Jurisdiction: Need to be received by the Church

Post by Justin Kolodziej »

I understand their aggravation. Bishop Fellay couldn't come to an agreement with Pope Benedict XVI, who was (at least superficially) sympathetic to traditional Roman Catholicism...why would he even bother with Pope Francis who is openly hostile to it? Just look at what's happening to the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate vs. the Leadership Conference of Women Religious. Only one of them is really in hot water with His Infallibleness, and it's not the one that believes in cosmic evolutionary theology (whatever that's supposed to be)!

Wherever even the last two or three are gathered together in His name, there He is in their midst.

El Batman

Post by El Batman »

Lol maria. You reading NOW?! That's hot.

They or he which ever the case may be is very polite. They respond within one day of inquiries.

I'm with the sspx splinter group usml since i was pretty much Confirmed/Chrismated this year by their bishop.

Now I'm trying to find my way out of catholicism!!!!

My rosary that i picked up after my conversion to catholicism? 2nd millenium!!

Sacred heart? 2nd millenium!!

Immaculate heart? 2nd millenium!!!

Immaculate conception? 2nd millenium!!

My five fold scapular (black for seven sorrows of mary, blue for immaculate conception, brown for mount carmel, white for holy trinity, red for passion of jesus)?? All 2nd millenium!!!

Scholasticism/ thomas aquinas?? 2nd millenium!!!

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Can you tell us about your USML group, Batman ? -
I have never heard of the particular one ; in fact I didn't know there WERE offshoots.

What do you mean by "Second Millenium" ? Like these are all passe ?

Perhaps it's only the Traditionalists like SSPX who even would know what a 5-fold Scapular IS,
anymore, let alone wear one !

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

I hope they (SSPX) do come to Holy Orthodoxy. Unfortunately, they will likely not consider the TOCs but join the broader World Orthodox who are part of the WCC and in union with the RCC (open join communion is not the point, but lifting the anathemas and officially declaring each others baptisms to be one and the same in grace is itself an act of union that St Mark of Ephesus would have utterly rejected). But perhaps they will consider us.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Matthew wrote:

I hope they (SSPX) do come to Holy Orthodoxy. Unfortunately, they will likely not consider the TOCs but join the broader World Orthodox who are part of the WCC and in union with the RCC (open join communion is not the point, but lifting the anathemas and officially declaring each others baptisms to be one and the same in grace is itself an act of union that St Mark of Ephesus would have utterly rejected). But perhaps they will consider us.

If the disenfranchised SSPX join the World Orthodox, then they will be absorbed by the Roman Catholic Church when the EP joins Rome, and they will quickly find out that they have made a huge mistake.

This is a video of a Roman Catholic Priest riding his "hoverboard" at a Christmas Eve Mass on Dec. 24, 2015, and entertaining the members of his parish. Notice that the priest is fully vested. What a clown!

Then here is another clown mass that dates back to 2002.

Things have not changed for the better under Roman Catholicism.