Positive steps to stay healthy

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Avoic surgery, especially morcellation procedures

Post by Maria »

Avoid Morcellation surgical procedures:

The risky practice is called morcellation, and experts have known about its dangers for over 20 years. Surgeons use an electrical device to chop up the uterus, as well as any fibroids, so they can be removed though a small incision.

http://hsionline.com/2014/06/10/dont-le ... u-into-it/

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Avoid corn, peanut, soybean, and canola oils

Post by Maria »

To stay healthy, should we avoid vegetable oils like soybean and canola oil?

Could there be a link between this new low fat diet that is being imposed on Americans by the AMA and American Heart Association? Could the mass shootings and violent behavior also be linked to a diet low in saturated fats?

BRING ON THE BACON folks!

• Early clinical trials of this increase in vegetable oil show people suffering from higher rates of gallstones (because the body isn’t designed to process this kind of foreign fat).

Notice how so many more people have had their gallbladders removed these days than ever before?

Cancer rates rose, as did violent behavior and suicide because of changes in brain chemistry due to fatty acid imbalance and cholesterol depletion.

Cholesterol is a very healthy molecule that protects our brain. Blaming cholesterol for heart disease is like blaming the firefighter for starting the fire.

Using vegetable oil instead of saturated fat to lower cholesterol and avoid a heart attack is like sending the firefighter away and then wondering why your house burnt down.

http://thewholejourney.com/the-shocking ... 1139d0ec6a

Doesn't it make sense that increasing the sugars and reducing the fats would increase the risk of diabetes and decrease our energy levels?

Recently, I have noticed that increasing my fat intake, stopping all uses of sugar, and adding B12 and minerals to my diet has increased my energy levels. In addition, not only have I lost weight, but also I have been able to maintain a healthy weight and blood pressure without a constant battle of the bulge. Instead of seeing my doctor every three months, I only see him once a year.

Maria
Archon

Re: Eating that burger may cause Alzheimer's Epidemic

Post by Maria »

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =596259544

• Investigators have raised the possibility that Alzheimer’s disease may be linked to eating meat from animals raised in confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs).
    The same foreign, infectious protein responsible for Mad Cow Disease in cows, and Chronic Wasting Disease in deer and elk, also appears to play an important role in Alzheimer’s.
    The common denominator between Mad Cow and Chronic Wasting Disease is CAFO farming practices that include forcing natural herbivores to eat animal parts.
    When a foreign protein is introduced, your body will respond with inflammation. Chronic inflammation, we know, is a hallmark of most degenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s.
    The only differentiating factor between Mad Cow infection and Alzheimer's is the time it takes for symptoms and death to occur. Up to 13 percent of all "Alzheimer's" victims are thought to really have Mad Cow infection.

Maria
Archon

How Sugar Harms Brain Health and Drives Alzheimer’s

Post by Maria »

• One in nine seniors over the age of 65 has Alzheimer’s, and the disease is now thought to be the third leading cause of death in the US, right behind heart disease and cancer.
    A growing body of research suggests there’s a powerful connection between your diet and your risk of developing Alzheimer's disease, via similar pathways that cause type 2 diabetes.
    Recent research shows that sugar and other carbohydrates can disrupt your brain function even if you’re not diabetic or have any signs of dementia.
    Long-term, sugar can contribute to the shrinking of your hippocampus, which is a hallmark symptom of Alzheimer's disease.
    The researchers propose that lowering glucose levels, even if they’re within the “normal” range, may have a positive influence on cognition in older people.

To read the complete article, please visit: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =596259544

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Positive steps to stay healthy

Post by Barbara »

Ah, that is very interesting indeed ~ 1 in 9 senior adults, wow.
Coming back to read the article itself.

Thanks for all this informative information. It's difficult to know what really IS going on out there these days, so these articles are much appreciated. I am saying that because of an article I just caught right now, which I might as well post here :

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_ ... lleys-work

It's too horrible to even take a quotation from !
But we need to be aware of what to defend ourselves from. I imagine it will get worse and worse, maybe spreading to other major cities across the country and possibly Europe, too.

Maria
Archon

Good tick repellents

Post by Maria »

Need a tick repellent?

• There are two varieties of rose geranium oil. In order to get the most bang for your buck in repelling ticks, you want to find the one with the botanical name Pelargonium capitatum x radens. The more popular rose geranium oil under the name Pelargonium graveolens is from the same family, but not the same species.

Most essential oils need to be diluted, but rose geranium does not fall into that category if used in small doses. ... Simply placing one drop on each ankle and on the wrists, then a little behind the knees and one on the back of the neck is all you will need to do the trick. Since dogs are extremely sensitive to smell, you will want to go easy on the oil for your canine friends. One drop behind each shoulder blade and at the top of the base of the tail. ...

Other essential oils such as lavender, lemongrass, citronella, eucalyptus, and cedar wood have all been found to be helpful in repelling these unwanted guests as well.

For the complete article, please go to: http://www.naturalnews.com/046389_tick_ ... _oils.html

NOTE: in recent news, scientists are saying that mosquitoes and fleas can cause lyme disease too. More research needs to be done, but if you get a bite watch it for two weeks to see if bull's eye forms around the original bite.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Positive steps to stay healthy

Post by Barbara »

Amazing ! I just pulled out my Bonnie Doon Geranium oil late today ! I moved it to a cabinet where it would be away from direct sunlight [after having left it out for a year or two...oops!].
I put the Geranium oil away because I wasn't sure what to do with it. I did not think this brand was pure enough to consume.
But it does burn if applied to skin sometimes. So I thought, I'll just wait until the right use for the oil appears.
It's a nice brand, by the way, but I use their Lavender oil much more frequently [often for ears, in fact, despite Maria's article advising that it's better not to clean inner ears].

So now I know what to do with my Pelargonium oil, though I suppose it is the graveolens rather than the more active species.

By the way, Geranium is a misnomer. All the flowers of this line should be known as Pelargoniums, but apparently the wrong term geranium was kept on due to its appealing sound. Fewer shoppers would be inclined to buy "Pelargoniums".
Nonetheless, when I have a Pelargonium plant once or twice in past summers for brightening of the atmosphere in my area,
I affectionately call them to myself by their proper name. As in "I have to water my Pelargoniums".
Hopefully, they appreciate being called by their real names !