SHOCKING NEWS! Former ROCOR bishop forsakes...

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Father Roman
Jr Member

SHOCKING NEWS! Former ROCOR bishop forsakes...

Post by Father Roman »

http://athanasiospress.wordpress.com/20 ... cor-milan/

Please be careful not to post polemics in the public forums.

Thanks, Maria

Last edited by Maria on Mon 28 October 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding mod advisement

Archimandrit Roman
Ορθόδοξη Αρχιεπισκοπή της Kλάσης
Православна Митрополія Західної Європи

http://sangiulio.org
Ο Φάρος της Ορθοδοξίας - http://alexandriapress.wordpress.com/

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: SHOCKING NEWS! Former ROCOR bishop forsakes...

Post by Maria »

This topic has been moved into Intra-TOC Polemics due to the shocking nature of the blog article, which pits one TOC jurisdiction against another.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

If we True Orthodox consider the EP and the MP to have abandoned True Orthodoxy, then why would Archbishop Rafael be considered an Anti-Patriarch? It seems to me that the MP would be considered to be the Anti-Patriarch and to have vacated his see.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

Maria wrote:

If we True Orthodox consider the EP and the MP to have abandoned True Orthodoxy, then why would Archbishop Rafael be considered an Anti-Patriarch? It seems to me that the MP would be considered to be the Anti-Patriarch and to have vacated his see.

I was wondering that myself. Why does the Milan Synod recognize Patriarch Kyril? This doesn't make much sense.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

UPDATED: SHOCKING NEWS! Former ROCOR bishop forsakes...

Post by Suaidan »

EDIT: More interesting details we are learning....

Dear Fr Roman,

I am not sure if you are intentionally making things up, or simply haven't an idea of what you are talking about.

In the first place, Metropolitan Daniel was never a "ROCOR" Bishop. We know, because our own Metropolitan John was in fact one of his consecrators to the Episcopate. Previous to this, Metropolitan Daniel was an Archimandrite of Metropolitan Raphael's Synod, which has never claimed to be part of ROCOR (that would be non-sensical, as virtually all of Metr Raphael's parishes are in Russia or the CIS). Strangely, Metr Daniel endorsed your "ROCOR" story on Facebook. The only major problem is the dating: As the alleged "consecration" of Metropolitan Daniel occurred in June of 2001, it would have been even before the schism in the ROCOR which led to the formation of the ROCiE-- with the head consecrator having been an architect of the ROCOR-MP Union! Of course, lacking documentation, and with both Bishops involved being, well, dead, there's no way to verify the veracity of the story, is there?

What we do know is that Metropolitan Daniel was in fact an Archimandrite of the MP before 2010, which can only lead to the idea that the MP denounced consecrations of its own bishops-- or, more likely, that Archimandrite Daniel was never a Bishop before, despite this brand new and interesting claim. We also know that according to the official page of the Synod of Metr Raphael, Metropolitan Daniel was born in March 1967, meaning that he would have been one of the youngest ROCOR consecrations ever, at the ripe old age of 34 in June of 2001.

EDIT! More interesting is that Bp Abundius apparently thinks no one can read a lick of Russian; he's produced as proof of Metropolitan Daniel's "ROCOR episcopate" a letter in September of 2000 authorizing then Archimandrite Daniel to visit (he was then under the authority of MP Bishop Agapit of Khust and Vinogradov) to come to Germany to join ROCOR Bp Ambrose's diocese. Apparently, he was such a hard worker that Ambrose secretly made him a Bishop 7 months later and didn't issue paperwork....

Of course, it didn't take long to see that Fr Daniel has been an MP Archimandrite for a while. Here is a photo of him taking a liturgical blessing with Kirill (the facebook caption says "With His Holiness Patriarch Kirill" in a 2010 photo upload.)

Now how'd that happen if he was a Bishop in good standing with the MP? More likely, he was a priest in good standing with the MP, and this whole story is made up. You can see and download (we presume, for a limited time) lots of great pics of Fr Daniel's MP days in the 2010 section of his public facebook photos.

https://www.facebook.com/vladykadaniel.mogutnov

I'm sure there's more stuff to explore, but as I suggested he depart from this miserable course, he unfriended me on Facebook.

The events, as far as we can see from America, are tragic and have caused great sadness for Vladika John, who did attempt to warn him of the errors of his actions, which we discovered only the day he issued his missives. Metr Daniel apparently made the bold claim that Metr Raphael was involved in occultism. He then travelled to Greece-- this I understand from Vladika John, who called Bishop Porfyrios, perplexed by his activity-- and met with Metropolitan Anghelos, where the Greek Bishops heard his case and determined that not only were the charges simply slanders, but that Metropolitan Daniel was making the accusations in the hope of being recognized as the head of the Russian Church. He then spent some time in Cyprus for unknown reasons.

The day news first broke that Metr Daniel was with Evloghios, Metropolitan John received a letter decrying Metropolitan Raphael. A cursory review on his Facebook indicated that he had placed the same letter, along with a letter applying to the former Metropolitan Evloghios' self-made "Synod". Considering that Metr Daniel had himself received not only a copy of our condemnation of the actions of Evloghios, but delivered to us Metr Raphael's own canonically sufficient condemnation of the same, we are simply in awe of his choice to go under a Synod headed primarily by two false Bishops, one of whom is a notorious homosexual (Abundius Bica-- when we in America discovered his lifestyle was one he continued to engage in from the Spanish parishes, and not one from which he repented, we were already on the brink of separation from Milan) and the other of whom still believes the Moscow Patriarchate is the Russian Orthodox Church, separating them from True Orthodoxy in principle, let alone in canonical behavior.

All these things had been well-known to Metropolitan Daniel, who, as the head of the Department of External Relations, understood and received first notice of such activities often before even Metropolitan Raphael himself. Thus his actions from a standpoint of common sense leave me personally at a loss.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Can we change the title of this thread? There is no evidence that Daniel Mogutnov was a Bishop before 2011, much less one of ROCOR. There is evidence he wasn't, though.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Suaiden wrote:

Can we change the title of this thread? There is no evidence that Daniel Mogutnov was a Bishop before 2011, much less one of ROCOR. There is evidence he wasn't, though.

Our webmaster, Anastasios, has asked us not to edit threads, titles, and posts unless there is a grave misunderstanding or typo. Since no name was mentioned in the thread title, it is like a headline billboard on national TV news.