'Bro' Nathanael's Flamboyant Behavior

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: 'Bro' Nathanael's Flamboyant Behavior

Post by Barbara »

Resurrecting this thread after a long time as I saw pictures showing that Brother Nathanael is now attending Church functions of Rocor-MP's Western American Diocese. He was at the 50th Anniversary Celebrations for St John Maximovitch which seems to show he is more serious about religion. When he went to San Francisco in 2006 to protest Rocor's union with the MP, it seems he covered only political aspects in his blog at that time. Now he is attending the Saint's Feast Day and seemingly other religious occasions too at San Francisco's Holy Virgin Cathedral. So let's give him a LITTLE credit !

I looked at his current website to see whether he mentioned the great spiritual event and saw no reference as of yet.

However, I copied this section from a preface comment to his Jul 5, 2016 story :

"As I stated many times since being thrown out of my living residence by former supporters—who reneged on their offer to provide me a place upon my refusing to cave to their extortion attempt when demanding that I publicly announce that homosexual activity is a legitimate life style—my ministry WILL continue.

"With regard to these former supporters (totally low human beings) I refused to compromise The Church’s position ... I will not capitulate.

"And with their despicable ATTACK on The Orthodox Church and Her holy teachings, I would not give an inch into their designs.

"Yes, I lost a roof over my head but kept a guard on my soul.

"As I now have a hefty rental payment and security payment to produce tomorrow, I am asking for your financial help to help me through this VERY trying time."

http://www.realjewnews.com/?p=1128

To me this strong stance against a vile evil cancels out any other idiosyncrasy Brother Nathanael has displayed.
Controversial in many areas, this is a key topic where too many people, even in Orthodoxy, waffle -- but "the entertainer monk " won't budge here.

That is worthy of praise, as it would be all too easy to cave into the general cultural decline in order to maintain support from average Americans of today. At least he could choose the easier path of keeping quiet in speaking out against homosexuals, but Brother Nathanael seems to be adamant in saying the unpopular truth. If his story is as he presents it here, it seems he lost a lucrative arrangement of having his rent paid or subsidized.

Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise because he moved to Idaho, which is one of the most conservative states, from Colorado which is supposedly a wreck in the wake of all of its liberal laws such as legalization of a certain evil drug.

Last edited by Barbara on Tue 5 July 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Could you please provide the link to Bro. Nathanael?

Thanks for sharing this most recent activity. Perhaps he will come to his senses and come into True Orthodoxy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: 'Bro' Nathanael's Flamboyant Behavior : STOPPED !

Post by Barbara »

Yes I thought I had copied it but I had to go back and retrieve that link.
YES ! Time for Nathanael to improve his standing by moving from state to state - but from World Orthodoxy to True Orthodoxy ! Good idea, Maria.

Has anyone tried to talk with him ?? Maybe we should give it a try ? He was ONCE very sympathetic to the True Orthodox and even broadcast about many of our jurisdictions quite extensively.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

He used to be a member at E Cafe. Apparently, he was banned here and at OCnet, but for what reason, I do not know.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Well the Forum is under different management now. It must have been 10 years ago that he was banned.
Maybe he should be given a courtesy invitation to return ? He won't take time to post here. But just to soothe ruffled feathers, it might be a good idea. I never saw where he said anything so outrageous or terrible as to be banned.

I think E.C. has 'grown up' somewhat since those days of arbitrary banning of people for no important reason. More like on a whim.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I went to check the map for Priest River. It wasn't on the Western States one I checked. Apparently it is near Sandpoint, which might be a "cool" place, I am not sure. I live in Idaho too, but so far away that I have never been up there and never read a thing about the area ! Normally, it is considered to be highly conservative : perhaps Nathanael has followers up there who lent a hand to his move.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I am curious why Nathanael doesn't drive. He says in that same post :

"I just put down a sizable payment to secure the rental and will have to buy furniture, (I have none, nor a car), thus all financial support to keep this site alive with more Articles and Videos will be much appreciated."

http://www.realjewnews.com/?p=1128

I recall him being driven 2 hours or so from his remote Rocky Mountain town to the Denver Airport for his trip to San Francisco for the Sobor2006 protest. Probably it is wise to avoid driving if one doesn't feel 100% comfortable behind the wheel for any reason !
In that case though, one must pray carefully for the driver to not be influenced by demons and to be on the outlook for any dangers along the way [ deer jumping out, a big problem in these Idaho mountain roads, etc. ]

I hope he will be able to get out of Priest River easily for his missionary trips. Spokane, Washington rather than Boise, Idaho would be the likely transportation hub.