The Rule of Prayer Against Evil Thoughts

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

O Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, Treasury of good things and Giver of Life, come and dwell in us, and cleanse us of all impurity, and save our souls, O Good One.

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us. Thrice

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

O Most Holy Trinity, have mercy on us. O Lord, blot out our sins; O Master, pardon our iniquities; O Holy One, visit and heal our infirmities, for Thy name's sake.

Lord, have mercy. Thrice

Glory to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in the heavens, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

Lord have mercy. 12x

O Come, let us worship God, our King.

O Come, let us worship and fall down before Christ, our King and God.

O Come, let us worship and fall down before Christ himself, our King and God.

O Lord, why are they multiplied that afflict me? Many rise up against me. Many say unto my soul: There is no salvation for him in his God. But Thou, O Lord, art my helper, my glory, and the lifter up of my head. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy mountain. I laid me down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord will help me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people that set themselves against me round about. Arise, O Lord, save me, O my God, for Thou hast smitten all who without cause are mine enemies; the teeth of sinners hast Thou broken. Salvation is of the Lord, and Thy blessing is upon Thy people.

Glory to the Father and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia. Glory to Thee, O God. 3x

O Eternal God and King of all creation, Who hast granted me to reach this hour, forgive the sins I have committed this day in deed, word, and thought; and cleanse, O Lord, my humble soul of all impurity of flesh and spirit, and grant me, O Lord, to pass the sleep of this night in peace; that, rising from my lowly bed, I may please Thy most holy name all the days of my life, and thwart the enemies, fleshly and bodiless, that war against me. And deliver me, O Lord, from vain thoughts and evil desires which defile me. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory: of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

O Ruler of all, Word of the Father, O Jesus Christ, Thou Who are perfect: For the sake of the plenitude of Thy mercy, never depart from me, but always remain in me, Thy servant. O Jesus, Good Shepherd of Thy sheep, deliver me not over to the sedition of the serpent, and leave me not to the will of Satan, for the seed of corruption is in me. But do Thou, O Lord, Who is worshipped God, holy King, Jesus Christ, guard me as I sleep by the Unwaning Light, Thy Holy Spirit, by Whom Thou didst sanctify Thy disciples. O Lord, grant me, Thine unworthy servant, Thy salvation upon my bed. Enlighten my mind with the light of understanding of Thy Holy Gospel; my soul, with the love of Thy Cross; my heart, with the purity of Thy word; my body, with Thy passionless Passion. Keep my thought in Thy humility, and raise me up at the proper time for Thy glorification. For most glorified art Thou together with Thine unoriginate Father, and the Most Holy Spirit, unto the ages. Amen.

O Lord, Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, show compassion and have mercy on me Thy sinful servant, and loose me from mine unworthiness, and forgive all wherein I have sinned against Thee today as a man, and not only as a man, but even worse than a beast, my sins voluntary and involuntary, known and unknown, whether from youth, and from evil suggestion, or whether from brazenness and despondency. If I have sworn by Thy name, or blasphemed it in my thought; or grieved anyone, or have become angry about anything; or have lied, or slept needlessly, or if a beggar hath come to me and I disdained him; or if I have grieved my brother, or have quarreled, or have condemned anyone; or if I have been boastful, or prideful, or angry; if, as I stood at prayer, my mind hath been distracted by the wiles of this world, or by thoughts of depravity; if I have over-eaten, or have drunk excessively, or laughed frivolously; if I have thought evil, or seen the beauty of another and been wounded thereby in my heart; if I have said improper things, or derided my brother's sin when mine own sins are countless; if I have been neglectful of prayer, or have done some other wrong that I do not remember, for all of this and more than this have I done: have mercy, O Master my Creator, on me Thy downcast and unworthy servant, and loose me, and remit, and forgive me, for Thou art good and the Lover of mankind, so that, lustful, sinful, and wretched as I am, I may lie down and sleep and rest in peace. And I shall worship, and hymn, and glorify Thy most honourable name, together with the Father and His Only-begotten Son, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

O my most holy Lady Theotokos, through thy holy and all-powerful prayers banish from me, thy lowly and wretched servant, despondency, forgetfulness, folly, carelessness, and all filthy, evil, and blasphemous thoughts from my wretched heart and my darkened mind. Quench the flame of my passions also, for I am poor and wretched, and deliver me from many and cruel memories and deeds, and free me from all their evil effects. For blessed art thou by all generations, and glorified is thy most honorable name unto the ages of ages. Amen.

It is truly meet to bless thee, the Theotokos, ever-blessed and most blameless and Mother of our God. More honorable than the Cherubim, and beyond compare more glorious than the Seraphim, who without corruption gavest birth to God the Word, the very Theotokos, thee do we magnify.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Lord, have mercy. Thrice

O Lord, bless.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, for the sake of the prayers of Thy most pure Mother, our holy and God-bearing fathers and all the saints, have mercy on us. Amen.

LatinTrad
Jr Member

Wow.

Post by LatinTrad »

Mad awesome. :)

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Another Version

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Glory to Thee, our God, glory to Thee.

O Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, Treasury of good things and Giver of Life, come and dwell in us, and cleanse us from every stain, and save our souls, O Gracious Lorde.

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us. (3x)

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Most Holy Trinity, have mercy on us. Lord, cleanse us from our sins, Master, pardon our iniquities. Holy One, visit and heal our infirmities for Thy Name's sake.

Lord, have mercy. (3x.)

Glory to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen

Lord have mercy. (12x)

O come let us worship God our King. O come let us worship Christ, our King and God. O come let us worship and fall down before Christ Himself, our King and our God.

(Psalm 3) Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly. Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia, Glory to Thee, O God. (3x)

(Prayer 1) O Master, Lord my God, in Whose hands is my fate, help me according to Thy mercy, and forsake me not to perish in mine iniquities, neither be it Thy will that I should follow the desires of the flesh against the spirit. I am Thy creature, despise not the work of Thy hands, for I am weak; for I am come seeking refuge in Thee, my God and protector: heal my soul, for I have sinned against Thee. Save me for Thy mercy's sake, for I was cast on Thee from my youth: let them be put to shame that seek to turn me away from Thee, by impure deeds, by foolish thoughts, by unprofitable memories. Drive from me every impurity, the excess of malice; for Thou alone art holy, Thou alone art mighty, Thou alone art immortal, having in all things power beyond compare, and by Thee is the power to withstand the devil and his hosts granted unto all.

For to Thee belongeth all glory, honor and worship, to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

(Prayer 2) May thine ill return upon thine own head, and let thy slander come down upon thee, O crafty and wicked demon: for I worship the Lord my God, and never will I speak blasphemy against Him. For how is it possible for me to vex, or to blaspheme Him Whose glory I proclaim day and night, and at every hour, with all my strength and mind? But my doxology is indeed thine abuse; thou shalt see wherein thou slanderest Him, and as an apostate thou speakest against God.

(Prayer 3) The Lord Who came into the world by the Most Pure, and Holy Virgin and truly the Birthgiver of God, unto the salvation of the world for the sake of us sinners, forbideth thee, O most crafty spirit, the devil. Cursed art thou and all thy wicked thoughts, whether at night or in the day. I exorcise thee by the name of the Consubstantial and Undivided Trinity, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit: depart from me, the servant of God [name], put not thine evil thoughts into my heart, but depart unto a destered land, without water, that the Lord visiteth not. I exorcise thee, O impure and blasphemous spirit, in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, neither to flatter nor to trouble me with abusive thoughts as I make my prayer unto the Lord my God, but let all thy slanderous thoughts be upon thy head in the day of judgement: for I serve the Lord my God, and to Him alone I send up my prayers in the day and the night, to Him that abolisheth thee, yet hath mercy on me, and strengtheneth me, and forgiveth me, in His great goodness and mercy, all of my sins. Get thee behind me Satan, and be thou cursed, with all thy wickedness and opposing power, for blessed and glorified is the most honorable name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

(Prayer 4) My most holy Lady Theotokos, by thy holy and all-powerful prayers, drive from me thine unworthy servant all despondency, indecision, folly, carelessness, and all impure, evil, and blasphemous thoughts, from my wretched heart and my darkened mind. And quench the flame of my passions, for I am poor and wretched, and deliver me from many cruel memories and deeds, and free me from all their bad effects; for blessed art thou by all generations, and glorified is thy most honorable name unto the ages of ages. Amen.

More honorable than the Cherubim, and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim, thou who without stain gavest birth to God the word, and are truly Theotokos, we magnify thee.

Lord have mercy. (3x)

O Lord, Bless us.

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy upon us, and save us. Amen.