St Pauls' baggage

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
TomS
Protoposter

Post by TomS »

stgregorythetheologian wrote:

,..if you just went across the street. Father Constantine White is the chief priest at St. Nicholas Cathedral on Mass Ave, a wonderful man, a wonderful family.

Yes. I think so.

I have attended St. Nicholas for some Saturday Vespers (since the GOA Cathedral does not have them). And Fr. White assists in the liturgy at my church when the other priest is not there. In fact he was just involved in last Sundays liturgy.

Thatnks for the advice.

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."

Nektarios14

Post by Nektarios14 »

If you live nearby I'd recomend any of these monasteries: Each has an an experieced Geronda / Gerondissa to guide you...http://www.stanthonysmonastery.org/map.htm

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

TomS,

They are all part of the "new breed", just like there are the "new monks" and the "old monks" on Mt. Athos.

And whatever is left of "Orthodoxy" accross the street, or down the road, or in Arizona, will be crushed under the steamroller of their modernizations. Because once people are willing to trash one part of Holy Tradition, there is no telling when or if it will ever stop.

Love your wife Tom. And if you love her, then you will want to also help show her the way out of the wide path to spiritual death (ie. the GOA).

God be with you.

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

stgregorythetheologian,

Yes, $125k/year. Not bad huh? That is the salary of the "priest" at Sts. Constantine and Helen in Palos Hills, IL

Gee, now I wonder if that is tax free?

But you know, it is expensive for a single man these days, I mean the price of razors and hair gell has gone up considerably, and a Eddie Bauer sweater for the golf course, whose greens fees are not cheap either, all cut into your bottom line. :(

So much for the birds of the air not reaping nor sowing.

Now I could care a less what salary he makes, I am much more shocked to know of his heresies, which leave him and his flock spiritually bankrupt.