The red heifer thread

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
SavaBeljovic
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Re: The red heifer thread

Post by SavaBeljovic »

Bingo! I expect a false antichrist before the real one. Some kind of baddie for all the heretics to point at while they worship the real one. Perhaps it will be the last Orthodox emperor, hated by all the heretics. Perhaps it will be some obviously over the top Disney villain mass murderer. Who knows, perhaps there will be several and different groups will disagree on which one was antichrist while agreeing that the real antichrist (who might kill him) is his opponent. The old left-right false dichotomy which works so well in electoral politics.

St. Peter said there would be multiple antichrists and all sorts of false prophets before the antichrist comes. I know many recent teachers and such (I only know one of the New Calendarist variety who claimed this specifically) stated the antichrist will appear to "liberate" the world from secularism, Western decadence, degeneracy, etc., a tactic previous antichrist figures like Napoleon, Hitler and Stalin all used was setting up an enemy to look worse than them and I doubt the enemy of mankind wouldn't do the same. So there might be the "cartoonishly evil" person or entity like you said, for the antichrist to abolish and then be hailed a "liberator and hero" and later as "the Christ"

post scriptum: I add this just as spitballing my own opinion, but I honestly believe the WEF is one such entity meant to look as "cartoonishly evil" as possible to distract people from other cabals of antichristian, globalist cadres who are actually taking over the world. Though one more comment I'll add is that you know things are bad when we look at the levels of incompetence in say, the US government, and we hope there's some sort of grand conspiracy taking over the world, as otherwise, they really are just that incompetent. Heinlein's law!

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Rumpelstiltskin
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: NA

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

eish wrote: Tue 9 April 2024 1:24 pm

Some kind of baddie for all the heretics to point at while they worship the real one.

Had me laughing. It's a good point though. I wonder if Islam may also play a large rule. If World Orthodoxy stoops low enough they may even be blessed with "the new great Tsar who will save us" who could be some crazy Chrislam Tsar or something. Based on how the MP (and World Orthodoxy in general) is interacting with Islam. 

eish
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Post by eish »

SavaBeljovic wrote: Tue 9 April 2024 1:34 pm

Bingo! I expect a false antichrist before the real one. Some kind of baddie for all the heretics to point at while they worship the real one. Perhaps it will be the last Orthodox emperor, hated by all the heretics. Perhaps it will be some obviously over the top Disney villain mass murderer. Who knows, perhaps there will be several and different groups will disagree on which one was antichrist while agreeing that the real antichrist (who might kill him) is his opponent. The old left-right false dichotomy which works so well in electoral politics.

St. Peter said there would be multiple antichrists and all sorts of false prophets before the antichrist comes. I know many recent teachers and such (I only know one of the New Calendarist variety who claimed this specifically) stated the antichrist will appear to "liberate" the world from secularism, Western decadence, degeneracy, etc., a tactic previous antichrist figures like Napoleon, Hitler and Stalin all used was setting up an enemy to look worse than them and I doubt the enemy of mankind wouldn't do the same. So there might be the "cartoonishly evil" person or entity like you said, for the antichrist to abolish and then be hailed a "liberator and hero" and later as "the Christ"

post scriptum: I add this just as spitballing my own opinion, but I honestly believe the WEF is one such entity meant to look as "cartoonishly evil" as possible to distract people from other cabals of antichristian, globalist cadres who are actually taking over the world. Though one more comment I'll add is that you know things are bad when we look at the levels of incompetence in say, the US government, and we hope there's some sort of grand conspiracy taking over the world, as otherwise, they really are just that incompetent. Heinlein's law!

I agree on all of that. Yes, there are and were many false antichrists. I think there will be a big one or a couple of big ones before the final one. Not because the Faith requires one, just because it is the easiest trick that I can think of by which the real one can get the whole world to unite behind himself.

Problem, reaction, solution. A proven formula. The irony is that both sides of the false dichotomy are usually antichrist. Libertines go for the left wing and are obviously evil to sane people, who run to the right wing for salvation. The right wing 'solution' is just as evil, but in a more insidious way.

As for incompetence: I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that there really is a conspiracy so those in charge are not that incompetent. The bad news are those are the devils running both sides while the actual human beings in charge in the world, are really that incompetent.