Serbian patriarch and spiration

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

eish
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Re: Serbian patriarch and spiration

Post by eish »

Barbara wrote: Thu 4 April 2024 12:29 am

Thanks SO much for all this helpful explanation, eish ! So Jay is in Rocor. Do you have any clue which diocese ? For some reason, I assume he is in the Mid-West, which would put him under Abp Peter of Chicago if so. I remember seeing the latter's reprimand directed at Fr Peter Heers. I wonder whether that Abp has spoken out against Jay and Co. ?!

Oh ! That brings me to a central question : how do these two figures interrelate - if at all ? Are they all part of the same large loosely affiliated group ? Or, are Jay's followers separate from the Orthodox Ethos group ? I realize that the latter has NOT been accepted anywhere, despite likely strenuous efforts by them, and perhaps on behalf of them.

Does that mean that Jay is Western Rite if he is New Calendar ? I'm trying to figure out this puzzle. Take your time in answering.

Meanwhile I have to look up what 'larping' means...!

Fr. Peter and Jay are, if I can put it like this, adjacent. Many of the people on the internet who support one also support the other. There is no formal relationship between them that I know of, nor have I noticed them speaking of each other except perhaps a mention in passing. (I do not have that much familiarity with their content so I could have missed it.)

Jay is not New Calendar because ROCOR-MP is on the Old Calendar. He is, however, in communion with New Calendarists. I don't recall his rite specifically but that probably makes it Eastern. He acts with consent of his bishop as far as I know (I think there was a letter put up) and has another bishop--a Metropolitan Jonah--involved with his show and websites fairly regularly. I'm not familiar with the story but this is someone who was driven out of the OCA before joining ROCOR. The main clergyman in Jay's group is Dcn. Ananias (Sorem), who is a professor of philosophy at some Roman Catholic university (but belongs to a World Orthodox group).

LARP is "live action role-playing." It's in essence when guys are so into Dungeons & Dragons (or similar) that they play dress-up and act out their games in the woods somewhere. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Larping

We should probably move discussion of the Dyerites into a separate thread.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Serbian patriarch and spiration

Post by Barbara »

Yes ! I was thinking that it would be better to have a separate thread on this "hot topic". After all, anyone inquiring would not likely find our discussion hidden away on this different topic.
Could Fr Joseph maybe create a separate thread ?

Maybe one each for Fr Peter Heers AND Jay ? That way we can delve more into this, since i have still many questions, though I am greatly appreciating finally figuring out the gist of the Jay situation after wondering for a long time !
Your help has been invaluable, eish !!! Thanks for that.

I'll wait before posting more to see if this thread could be split off to a new two !

This would immensely help anyone browsing around on the internet. After all if i couldn't decipher what was going on, then someone less familiar could spend ages sifting through the videos of both Fr Peter Heers and Jay.