Murders of heretical priests

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
eish
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Murders of heretical priests

Post by eish »

Within the past week four priests of heretical confessions were murdered in South Africa, in two separate incidents.

Three Coptic priests were brutally hacked and stabbed in the St. Mark monastery near Cullinan. Another priest and a labourer or employee* of the monastery are being charged with the murders and illegal immigration.** The bodies were discovered on Tuesday morning.

A priest at a Roman Catholic church in Tzaneen was shot in his church after morning prayers on Wednesday.

* Reported as an employee of the monastery in the media. There is some confusion because the court did not have an interpreter. Presumably the media might have misunderstood labourer in the monastic sense.
** All monastics in South Africa are illegal immigrants to my knowledge, excepting most unmarried parish priests and the occasional local. The law does not recognise the type of religious visas which priests and monastics get in other countries. Those priests (and by their nature all ascetics) who don't have a nice job coming with a work visa, serve their communities as illegal immigrants. It's a public secret.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: Murders of heretical priests

Post by Suaidan »

eish wrote: Fri 15 March 2024 2:28 pm

Within the past week four priests of heretical confessions were murdered in South Africa, in two separate incidents.

Three Coptic priests were brutally hacked and stabbed in the St. Mark monastery near Cullinan. Another priest and a labourer or employee* of the monastery are being charged with the murders and illegal immigration.** The bodies were discovered on Tuesday morning.

A priest at a Roman Catholic church in Tzaneen was shot in his church after morning prayers on Wednesday.

• Reported as an employee of the monastery in the media. There is some confusion because the court did not have an interpreter. Presumably the media might have misunderstood labourer in the monastic sense.
    ** All monastics in South Africa are illegal immigrants to my knowledge, excepting most unmarried parish priests and the occasional local. The law does not recognise the type of religious visas which priests and monastics get in other countries. Those priests (and by their nature all ascetics) who don't have a nice job coming with a work visa, serve their communities as illegal immigrants. It's a public secret.

That's... terrifying.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Criminality is quite high unfortunately in the country.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Is it ? I didn't know that.
TERRIBLE !

SavaBeljovic
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by SavaBeljovic »

South Africa has a terrible crime rate and they also have a bit of a "kill whitie" problem. I won't add any more of my further input but just provide video evidence: 

https://youtu.be/oGZLYx8StWk?si=aKTHuJT-qlPnObQN

https://youtu.be/BCY9kynvhEw?si=inKxqfJ--MNRnU4C

https://youtu.be/Cew-BnjA_q4?si=8W14OIoKvZTuq_8Y

https://youtu.be/VL-sbov3vUE?si=jReD7qmvDP5Ywz9j

https://youtu.be/Jgb3sn4-bhw?si=_MDNiMidEVFksBaL

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

eish
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Left the Greek Alexandrian Patriarchate

Post by eish »

SavaBeljovic wrote: Wed 27 March 2024 9:09 am

South Africa has a terrible crime rate and they also have a bit of a "kill whitie" problem.

Many fail to distinguish the two. Either every single white murder is a genocide plot or every single murder is common robbery.

Genociding whites has been an acceptable political opinion for a long time. Even terrorists like the Mandelas were of the more moderate party. I could rant about it all day. The other side is that most whites are equally horrible to blacks. The commie government makes the suffering worse for everyone, but how can one even fault the blacks for supporting them when the whites' vision of how things should be run instead, really would involve intentionally starving all the blacks to death. Let's say there's a reason they all support Fake Israel and leave it at that.

There is no love of God nor neighbour. Everything will continue to get worse until this country seeks Christ.

The media are, as expected, spinning the murders of the Coptic priests into a juicy scandal. They mention how the labourer was rejected for monasticism and without explicitly saying it, lead the reader into concluding that it was ambition. This is very easy with a public who do not know the difference between "bishop," "monk," and "priest." (They tell in the same breath of how the one murdered priest was a favourite candidate for bishop.) The first I heard of it was the possibly intentionally confused interpretation from relatives, that he murdered his rival so he can be the priest. I don't know what really happened, I hope justice prevails to the extent this system allows it, but I like journalists even less.