Orthodox Traditionalist Publications - Books

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
SubdeaconNektarios

Orthodox Traditionalist Publications - Books

Post by SubdeaconNektarios »

Blessed Theophany to all of you out there. I just wanted to post here a recap of some of the books we have published at Orthodox Traditionalist Publications since we started a few months ago in case you have missed some of the things we have published and any of these topics perk your interest.

As most of you know we have published my book on the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece, entitled The Russian Orthodox Church Abroad & The Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece: A History.

We also just re-published an old dormant work by Father Basile Sakkas called The Calendar Question. In the next week and a half we will be republishing the Eight Homilies of Saint John Chrysostom's Adversus Judaeos (Against the Jews), and also The Canonical and Legal Position of the Moscow Patriarchate by Bishop Gregory Grabbe.

God-willing in February or March we will be publishing a large 700 page volume on Saint Joseph of Petrograd that is being currently being translated right now. Thank you all. Any questions feel free to reach out to me.

In Christ,
Subdeacon Nektarios

https://www.orthodoxtraditionalist.com

Last edited by SubdeaconNektarios on Fri 19 January 2024 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Re: Orthodox Traditionalist Publications - Books

Post by Priest Antonios »

Thank you, Sbdcn! I am very much looking forward to the book on St Joseph.

Andrew MacDonald
Faith: True Western Orthodox

Post by Andrew MacDonald »

Thank you, Subdeacon. I have both books so far. Love them. Question: I just bought 'The Calendar Question' through Amazon. It came damaged so they sent out a replacement. The replacement has additional text (a third appendix). Just curious as both books came from the same ad and only a couple days apart.

Also, the upcoming titles all look amazing. Is there any possibility of printing 'Is the Grace of God present in the Moscow Patriarchate'?

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

You are doing really well with turning out publications so fast !
I thought the book on St Joseph of Petrograd would take a year to finish, but we can read it in only a short time ! Congratulations !

SubdeaconNektarios

@Andrew MacDonald

Yes, I had to do an addition to The Calendar Question for the appendix. That appendix was added because the Sigillion that was later discovered to be forged, is being used by some conservative modernist online, to try and throw the whole book out based on that one particular topic that is not even a fraction of the argument in the book. The 3rd appendix really puts an end to their argument.

As far as the other I.M. Andreyev book, there is another publisher that has that up in Canada. If they wanted me to do it I would I'm sure it could use some work and a new cover.

In Christ,
Subdeacon Nektarios

Last edited by SubdeaconNektarios on Sun 21 January 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SubdeaconNektarios

@Barbara

God-willing it all goes smoothly. Glory to God for all Things.

RocaRemnant
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROCANA

Post by RocaRemnant »

SubdeaconNektarios wrote: Sun 21 January 2024 3:55 pm

@Andrew MacDonald

Yes, I had to do an addition to The Calendar Question for the appendix. That appendix was added because the Sigillion that was later discovered to be forged, is being used by some conservative modernist online, to try and throw the whole book out based on that one particular topic that is not even a fraction of the argument in the book. The 3rd appendix really puts an end to their argument.

As far as the other I.M. Andreyev book, there is another publisher that has that up in Canada. If they wanted me to do it I would I'm sure it could use some work and a new cover.

In Christ,
Subdeacon Nektarios

Dear Sub Deacon Nektarios, I’m glad to see you back on Euphrosynos café!

I find the argument surrounding the Sigilion of 1853 lacking. From what I’ve looked into, even if the Sigillion of 1583 is unauthentic, then again the Sigilion of 1756 and councils of Constantinople in 1587, 1593, 1902-1904 condemn it and it’s Pan Orthodox. Patriarch Dositheus of Jerusalem himself condemned it in 1671 along with another local council in Jerusalem the year prior. Constantinople condemned it a few more times on a local level. Plus if the Sigillion of 1583 is false, let's give it the benefit of the doubt. Why would new calendarists let it hang on the wall of St Panteleimon monastery on Athos? It's quite ironic. (I might be wrong and I’m open to correction for the last part). What’s also a head scratcher is what would make an Athonite monk go out of his way to create a “forgery” condemning the New Calendar/Papal Calendar when the Orthodox world was using the Patristic Calendar and there was no talk of using the New Calendar/Papal Calendar. Kinda goes over my head in terms of logic and substance. Forgive me if I sound rude or abrasive.