GOARCH Abp Elp: 1st homosexual baptism in Greek church

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Barbara
Protoposter

GOARCH Abp Elp: 1st homosexual baptism in Greek church

Post by Barbara »

APPALLING BEYOND BELIEF !!!
I will spare everyone from having to look at the disgusting pictures of the depraved two "celebrities" at the evil ceremony of the baptism of 2 children born from a surrogate mother.

"No stranger to controversy, Archbishop Elpidophoros has caused another commotion in the international Orthodox community.

In the midst of the ongoing scandal involving the Archbishop’s plans to consecrate a defrocked former priest as a bishop for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, which other hierarchs have characterized as a serious threat to Orthodox unity in America, the GOARCH head has made headlines by baptizing the children of a homosexual celebrity couple.

The parents and relatives are praising the Archbishop for serving the “first openly homosexual baptism” in the Greek Church.

Just after the GOARCH Clergy-Laity Conference ended in New York, Abp. Elpidophoros made an unannounced trip to the Athens suburb of Vouliagmeni to baptize the children of actor Evangelo Bousis and fashion designer Peter Dundas, whom he has been connected to for a long time, reports inciao.gr.

The Baptism took place within the diocese of Metropolitan Nikolaos of Mesogaia.

The two children were born from a surrogate mother. Among the Godparents, the couple chose the Italian model Bianca Brandolini and the golden heiress Eugenia Niarchou."

https://orthochristian.com/147132.html
Barbara
Protoposter

Re: GOARCH Abp Elp: 1st homosexual baptism in Greek church

Post by Barbara »

"Metropolitan Antonios of Glyfada, in whose metropolis the Baptism took place, has a different take on the event [ than the disgusting international liberal-leftwing glee regarding the "progressive" mentality of the ever-more shocking Abp Elpidophoros ].

In a letter he sent to the Holy Synod of the Greek Church after the international uproar against the event, Met. Antonios reveals that Abp. Elpidophoros sought and received his blessing to celebrate the Sacrament in his metropolis, but that he concealed the fact that the “parents” involved are two internationally known homosexual celebrities.

Both letters were published by Romfea (see below for the English translation).

Thus, Abp. Elpidophoros “acted of his own accord, arbitrarily, and uncanonically within my metropolis,” Met. Antonios writes.

Had he been made aware, the Glyfada hierarch would have referred the matter to the Holy Synod to decide.

Read Met. Antonios’ full letter to the Synod, dated July 11:

Because of the uproar that has arisen because of His Eminence the Archbishop of America Elpidophoros having performed the Sacrament of Baptism of two children who are being raised by two persons of the same sex, I respectfully proceed to report to you the following:

1. The Archbishop of America requested my authorization to celebrate “the Baptism of two children from the Greek Bousis family from Chicago,” as can be seen from his attached document, no. Prot. 140/21.6.2022.

As a matter of fact, from the request in question, there is nothing that could arouse even the slightest suspicion of the event that would take place in the end. Therefore, since I did not have any knowledge about what would take place in the end, out of fraternal love I granted His Eminence canonical authorization to celebrate the Sacrament.

Since then, we have not had any communication in any form with the Metropolitan of America, either before the Baptism or after.

2. I was not present in the church during the celebration of the aforementioned Baptism. The incidents were reported to me on the night of Saturday, 07/09/22, by the clergy of the church.

3. As can be seen from the attached report from the rector of the church, the Godparents of those being baptized are Mr. George Bousis and Ms. Eugenia Niarchos, both Orthodox Christians.

In sum, the Archbishop of America acted of his own accord, arbitrarily, and uncanonically within my metropolis, inasmuch as, while he was well aware that the children do not belong to a family according to the institutions of the Church, he did not mention anything to me. If he had informed me, I would have referred to the Holy Synod for it to decide about the matter."

https://orthochristian.com/147188.html
Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

From yesterday :

"The Permanent Holy Synod of the Church of Greece decided today to send a letter of protest to Archbishop Elpidophoros of Constantinople’s Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America regarding the Baptism that he recently celebrated for the children of a homosexual celebrity couple, reports Romfea.

Abp. Elpidophoros traveled to Greece earlier this month to baptize the adopted children, born from a surrogate mother, of fashion designer Peter Dundas and his “husband” Evangelo Bousis, who comes from a wealthy and influential family in the Greek Archdiocese of America.

Bousis and his relatives hailed the service as the “first openly homosexual baptism in Greece” and praised the Archbishop for his open and progressive values, while the ceremony proved to be an international scandal.

Metropolitan Antonios of Glyfada, in whose metropolis the Baptism was held, wrote a letter to the Holy Synod of the Church of Greece, explaining that Abp. Elpidophoros had misled him, asking only for a blessing to baptize the children of the Bousis family in his diocese. As Met. Antonios explains, the GOARCH head said nothing about the fact that the “parents” are an internationally known homosexual couple.

“In sum, the Archbishop of America acted of his own accord, arbitrarily, and uncanonically within my metropolis, inasmuch as, while he was well aware that the children do not belong to a family according to the institutions of the Church, he did not mention anything to me. If he had informed me, I would have referred to the Holy Synod for it to decide about the matter,” the Metropolitan wrote.

In his own statement criticizing Abp. Elpidophoros’ actions, His Eminence Metropolitan Seraphim of Piraeus explained that the issue is not baptizing children, who are not guilty of the sins of their parents, “but the substantial rewarding of unrepentant sodomites” and “the consequent amnesty of the deadly crime of sodomy and the subversion of human ontology and physiology.”

Having discussed Met. Antonios’ letter, the Greek Synod resolved today to send a letter of protest to Abp. Elpidophoros and a related letter to Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople.

The Synodal report also states that “the Holy Synod discussed at length the issues related to the pastoral treatment of such issues, remaining firm in what was laid down by the Lord, the Holy Apostles, and the Holy Fathers.”

https://orthochristian.com/147269.html
Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

Elpidophoros of America is an ecumenist heretic and apostate, so he is unable to perform a valid Orthodox Christian baptism in the first place. The GOARCH and the State Church of Greece have long since renounced Orthodoxy, and therefore can in no way be recognized as being the Church. So, while it is a tragic and scandalous act, it has nothing to do with the Church of Christ.
Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Excellent observations, Cyprian, as always.

What is your opinion about how Abp Elpidophoros came to be 'elected' to his position ? I examined his career path and surely his ascent to such a powerful position was suspiciously rapid.

Can you shed any light here ?
Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

Greetings Barbara,

No, I don't have anything useful to add, nor is any extra or special insight needed. Elpidophoros is a religious syncretist, ecumenist heretic, wolf, and no shepherd. He is party to the schismatic, heretical and apostate GOARCH, and he held up a 'Black Lives Matter' sign when he marched in Brooklyn after the George Floyd psy-op. Black Lives Matter is a radical Marxist revolutionary group that promotes sodomy. I suppose you also know full well about the controversy Elpidophoros generated with his pro-abortion remarks at the 2022 March for Life.

That is all any Christian needs to know. What other special insight could we possibly need, other than to know that we should keep as far away as possible from dastardly characters of his ilk.

Ecumenism and religious syncretism are the religion of the Lodge, and he promotes both, so he is obviously a Mason like most all the other bishops of fallen "Global Orthodoxy". No, I don't have a photo of him wearing a Mason's apron, or some other sort of documentary evidence proving what is apparent and obvious, which is that Masonry has totally infiltrated fallen "Global Orthodoxy" long ago.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck!
Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I am sorry that i missed your reply, Cyprian. Very educational for all !

I didn't know such things as the fact that that Marxist movement pushes this evil sin. But it of course makes complete sense.
What American new 'cool' movement doesn't, these days ? These supposedly spontaneously generated 'popular' organizations are all frauds introduced to lure attention away from other evil deeds being foisted on the population of this country and the world.

Speaking of imposters, yes, you nailed Abp Elpidophoros. Why such a ponderous name which gives the impression of classical Orthodox -- but this man is a fraud through and through.
Was he placed in his position by 'somebody' ? If you are correct - which I am certain you are ! - he is a Mason. Or LIKE a Mason. Some hidden organization is responsible for elevating this undeserving person to his high office. Which one I would like to find out.

Even Abp Elpidophoros' face has always looked to me to be completely secular. Take away his vestments and mitre costume and one would see nothing of the religious life in him whatsoever.

A businessman, perhaps, instead...

"You pay me this much and I will pave the way for homosexual marriage to become mainstream amongst Greek communities in America. There will be a little outcry but in time, that will subside. Soon it become expected. Once tacitly recognized in the United States, the practice will become accepted all over, wherever Greek Orthodox reside," Abp Elpidophoros could easily be imagined to bargain behind the scenes with his well-heeled sponsoring organizations.